Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Tests – Only Common, Template or Copy/Paste V2.1.6

•  07-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Tests – Only Common, Template or Copy/Paste V2.1.6

Tests – Only Common, Template or Copy/Paste   V2.1.6

On 4/18/07 I suggested a couple blood tests to include in the ‘Only Common’ list of test and also suggested consideration of a program revision to save user Test templates. Here’s another thought similar to HFE’s ability to copy data of a provider from one person’s file to another person’s file.

Consider ‘copying’ the test Measurements portion(Item Names and Units) from a saved test on a previous date to a new test record date, but leave the Values fields blank. Possibly a link in the new test record to look for the test ‘template’ or maybe a link in the existing test record to create a new test record with those same Measurement Item Names and Units(I like this one best for those initially inputting from old records) thereby only needing to enter the  new test values into the new record. This proposal would require the user to create the first record of Item Names and Units from scratch from the lab report and is comparable to the template idea. The advantage for HFE programmers is not having to develop a long list of Only Common tests that could never be complete for everyone. Another thought – consider changing ‘Only Common’ to something like ‘Common Templates’ or ‘Common Test Templates’ for easier identification for newbies.

In the UNITS drop down list, consider automatically adding a new unit to the drop down list that is entered by the user using the ‘…’ fill in method. The intent here is to have the units being recorded available in the list without having to scroll down to the bottom and take the extra steps for the ‘…’ entry. When I was entering a long list of the same tests, this one step, using the ‘…’ field over and over again, was the most aggravating. Another consideration might be to permit removing units that will “never” be used by the user.

Other users may not be aware of this - instead of opening the drop down list and selecting the unit with the mouse, you can tab to the Units field, enter the first letter of the unit from the keyboard and, if need be, arrow down to select a unit, IF that unit is in the units drop down list. Sometimes the unit you want is the first one available and you are done.

FYI Side note - I entered ug/dL with the ‘…’ field instead of selecting mcg/dL in the drop down list. The reason? The test report used ug/dL and, like many senior users, am more familiar with ounces and quarts.

robert
View Complete Thread