Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Lab Test visit type

•  03-26-2018, 4:02 PM

Lab Test visit type

This relates back to my post on user-specified drop list values. Increasingly, practices and hospitals are sending patients to free-standing labs for various lab draws and imaging. Employers are also sending employees to such facilities for random drug testing and workers comp claims. Right now, I have an upcoming appointment where I'll be going to a vascular lab and they will be sending results to a surgeon for use during a separate, follow-up appointment. Neither of these types of visits are in the drop list of visit types, and if I add them, they don't show up in the drop list, afterwards; instead, I have to re-enter those types again and again. I suppose I could use Diagnostic Services, but that isn't really what they are doing. They provide a service of drawing and processing samples, and sending the results to the requesting doctor. The doctor performs the diagnostics. With so many very specific visit types listed, it would be nice to be able to add visit types that aren't present, and not have to retype them every time they are needed, or fall back to an overly generic entry that doesn't accurately reflect what is happening. If I have to add it once, chances are good that I'll be needing it again at some point in the future.

- Tom
    Idea <i>You have the power to give life.
View Complete Thread