Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Not Sure if HealthFrame will do / is designed to do what I'd like

•  12-31-2013, 3:05 PM

Not Sure if HealthFrame will do / is designed to do what I'd like

First, hello, I'm new to the forum, and I'm new to the product.   I'm in the process of evaluating for myself the various products out there for managing medical stuff as I am hoping to make myself a refugee from the long-lasted but unsupported Quicken Medical Expense Manager (QMEM)

Since I've been using QMEM exclusive for managing and tracking medical expenses, that's really all I'm looking for in a replacement ... I'm not all that much interested in the health records and other things that HealthFrame provides ... but I might get interested in that later.

So specifics, that I don't see so far.

1) I don't always get an encounter sheet from my provider(s), and hospitals/ERs/clinics are notoriously bad for that.  So frequently my first indication of the specifics of any claim are when I receive the EOB.   Is there a way in HF to input EOB information w/o having an associated encounter sheet?

2) for those times when I do have an encounter sheet, I would enter the information from that into the program, usually with a current status of pending insurance.   I don't see how HF handles that ... there's nothing I can see in the basic "Visit" record for entering this sort of thing

3) I try to compare the procedures (IPT codes) that the provider sends to the insurer against the procedures that the insurer pays for.  Ideally there would be a one-for-one relationship ... doesn't always happen.      I don't see a way to enter multiple line items for one encounter... is that something that I'm just not seeing, or that not part of HF's design?

I know I can/could put together a spreadsheet for this stuff but I'm too lazy (seriously), and it would be worth the $$ for me if there were something that were off the shelf.

Thanks in advance, and really a very good looking product

Phil Z
View Complete Thread