Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Medications

•  07-11-2013, 6:21 PM

Re: Medications

Can you kindly explain why it would be helpful to have a category for "Rx Co-Pay" in addition to "Co-Pay"? The "Co-Pay" category already exists ----- yes, there is a difference between Co-Pay, as in doctor visit co-pay and a Co-Pay for prescriptions. During the year, I monitor what I have entered into HealthFrame for prescriptions, and what my pharmacy has in their database. Over the last couple of years, because I do manually enter "Rx Co-Pay", I can easily run the Transactions report and print out the report and compare it to what the pharmacies say my prescriptions are and costs. There have been a number of times when the HealthFrame "Rx Co-Pay" report and my pharmacy report did match. . .either because I didn't have the complete information in HealthFrame, or because the pharmacy reports were not correct.  The Rx Co-Pay report also helps in drug manufacturers determine if I am eligible for assistance. End of year reporting for IRS is much easier as well.  My taking the time to differentiate between the two has helped me immensely over the past several years.

What I currently do is create a visit to the pharmacy, and then add links to the medications. In addition, I create an expense for each medication with the amount paid for that particular medication. When I create the expense, this is where I manually enter "Rx Co-Pay".  When I run the report, I am able to get exactly what I need in the reporting, without any question that it is an Rx Co-Pay. Also, this allows me to keep track of the upcoming "donut hole" with Medicare, and when I may be exiting that same doughnut hole.
View Complete Thread