Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Tdap Vaccine & Td Vaccine missing from vaccine list

•  02-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Re: Tdap Vaccine & Td Vaccine missing from vaccine list

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback!

We are working right now to finalize the reference content for HealthFrame v3 ,and it will be based on the contents of UMLS 2012AB (there most recently release).

If you are unfamiliar with UMLS, you might be interested to look into it.
    https://uts.nlm.nih.gov

It's free, but you do need to sign up and get an account.

I'm having a hard time mapping what you are saying to the UMLS database contents. This is in NO WAY meant to contradict you. The UMLS database - though valuable, is unclean and inconsistent, and riddled with mixups like this.

What HealthFrame v3 is using currently (as of our last beta) - related to 'tetanus and diptheria immunizations' etc.. would be:

C0012551 -
    MAIN UMLS NAME: 'diphtheria toxoid vaccine, inactivated'
    HEALTHFRAME NAME: 'Diphtheria Vaccine'
    (The formaldehyde-inactivated toxin of Corynebacterium diphtheriae. It is generally used in mixtures with TETANUS TOXOID and PERTUSSIS VACCINE; (DTP); or with tetanus toxoid alone (DT for pediatric use and Td, which contains 5- to 10-fold less diphtheria toxoid, for other use). Diphtheria toxoid is used for the prevention of diphtheria; DIPHTHERIA ANTITOXIN is for treatment.)

C0039620 -
    MAIN UMLS AND HELATHFRAME NAMES: 'Tetanus Vaccine'

C0535644 -
    MAIN UMLS NAME: 'Diphtheria-Tetanus-Acellular Pertussis Vaccines'
    HEALTHFRAME NAME: 'Diphtheria-Tetanus-Acellular Pertussis (DTaP) Vaccine'
    (Combined vaccines consisting of DIPHTHERIA TOXOID; TETANUS TOXOID; and an acellular form of PERTUSSIS VACCINE. At least five different purified antigens of B. pertussis have been used in various combinations in these vaccines.)

C0058773 -
    MAIN UMLS NAME: 'Diphtheria-Tetanus Vaccine'
    HEALTHFRAME NAME: 'Diphtheria-Tetanus (DT) Vaccine'
    (A combined vaccine used to prevent infection with diphtheria and tetanus toxoid. This is used in place of DTP vaccine (DIPHTHERIA-TETANUS-PERTUSSIS VACCINE) when PERTUSSIS VACCINE is contraindicated)

My first guess as how to interpret your suggested additions (and how to integrate them with the UMLS database) would be to add:
    [C2054270] tdap vaccine
    (renaming to Tdap for HealthFrame)

C0542570 Td (adult)
    Renamed for HealthFrame to ‘Tetanus – Diphtheria– Adult Vaccination (Td)

But the problem I have is that UMLS lists C0535644 as mapping to the concept named ‘Tdap - Tetanus + diphtheria + acellular pertussis vaccine in SNOMED_CT). Perhaps this is just a bad mapping, and I should ignore it?

Anyhow - I have no idea if any of this UMLS stuff makes sense or not, but I welcome your feedback, and want to provide the very best, most accurate and useful enumeration of immunizations I can.

Thank you for your help!

View Complete Thread