Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Multiple medical problems per visit

•  09-28-2009, 8:08 AM

Multiple medical problems per visit

Madam or Sir:

I am currently evaluating your software for purchase.    My initial impression is very positive.  Sorting data readily is a paramount concern to me as I have all the data in my file drawer, but I cannot readily retrieve specific information, e.g. how many CT scans have I had over the years.  I am hopeful that your software can do this for me.  Before entering a vast amount of data and discovering I should have entered the data differently (and then having to start all over again!) to accomplish my goals I wish you to please clarify for me the issues below.

I have several specific questions about entering information from each office visit to my physicians.  Often my MD may address multiple medical problems at one visit and advise multiple lab tests, X-rays, etc.  At a later date I want to be able to readily review all visits which dealt with one specific problem without having to review every last office visit to see if that problem was addressed.  An example will help.  Suppose my doctor sees me for hypertension, cholesterol issues, and abdominal pain at today's visit.  I see my doctor repeatedly every few months over the next year for these and other problems.  A year later I want to be able to review all the information pertaining ONLY to my hypertension.  Questions:

1. Does your software allow me to filter by one medical problem and date reviewed in the office?

2. May I assume I will need to SEPARATELY enter in 3 different screens each medical problem, e.g. hypertension, cholesterol issues, and     abdominal pain covered at that office visit to be able to review all visits pertaining to each individual problem?

3. Do I enter lab work into a separate screen or in the same screen for that office visit for hypertension?

4. Can I sort office visits by physician specialty, e.g. I want to see all visits to my urologist?

5. Any further "tips" about entering data in your software?

Thank you very much for your help.

Walter
View Complete Thread