Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: ORGANIZATIONS and INDIVIDUALS

•  06-23-2009, 3:07 AM

Re: ORGANIZATIONS and INDIVIDUALS

I noticed the hyperlink, but for every Individual I linked to an Organization, the phone number and address fields under "Additional Information About People - People" are blank. For Individuals which are linked to Organizations, I did not enter any Location information for the Individual. I assumed the Organizations phone number and address would be used. If not, and I have 3 doctors in 1 Organization (e.g.--"Orthopedic Associates"), I will have to enter the phone number and address 4 times instead of once? This seems to render entering Organization information useless, in my estimation.

Am I entering Organizations incorrectly? I've created an organization for each medical practice that is more than 1 doctor. This seemed to be how it is done in the Help example. Should Organizations only be like facilities and health plans, not practices?

Both the CCR and the Healthcare Providers Summary list individuals and organizations separately, and provide no corelation between them. This appears to me to be a major flaw in both summaries. Only the Medical History Summary displays the organization with the individual.

I guess the only way to show an individuals's organization in the CCR, is to enter the the organization's name in the individual's "Location" field, and copy the organization's phone numbers and address into the individual's location. Seems like a lot of unnecessary redundant data entry to me. And copying these fields between forms is not easy, since only one form can be displayed on the screen at once.
View Complete Thread