Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: CDC growth chart

•  09-09-2008, 11:45 PM

Re: CDC growth chart

Thanks for the quick response.  It's good to hear there will be higher time resolution in the future releases.  I think it would be really useful if all of the charts were formatted to a standard like the CDC.  Both patients and doctors are used to seeing the data in a standard format, which usually has been proven over time, and data analysis would be quicker and more accurate.

For instance, I suggest making the BMI exactly like the CDC charts with percentile lines from the 5th to 95th percentile.  See this link for the CDC BMI...  Having all of the percentile lines in the appropriate charts can help pinpoint a potential health problem.

Having to export the data for standard charts and standard formatting is not user friendly.  However, the export feature is good for unusual data manipulation.

I also suggest making the growth charts a data point or a line, and not bar graph.  The bar graph is really hard to tell where the actual data lies on the chart.  I'd attach an example, but I don't see how to do this in this forum.  

View Complete Thread