Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Exporting Question

Last post 01-04-2008, 9:09 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-30-2007, 2:53 PM 921

Exporting Question

My HealthFrame database has gotten quite large Ick! [+o(] due to the number of years of data that I have inserted as well as attachments to visits. Unfortunately this has slowed down the processing tremendously. Crying [:'(]

Ultimately, what I would like to do is to "close out" my current database at the end of 2007, and then re-open a new database for 2008 and future years. So, I need help with the following:

1. Is there a way to export only the provider individuals and organizations and the accompanying contact information for each from the HealthFrame database, leaving all other information out of the export?
    2. While I am asking to be able to do Number 1 above, I would also like to be able to pick and choose what providers I export.
    3. The reason my database has become so large is because it now dates back 30 years and because of the number of attachments. I have used attachments because HealthFrame will not allow me to use the URL (Web Link) to link files from the place I want to link them. For instance, the full address to a file I want to link to may be: G:\___Health\__Medical Records\2007\2007 - EOBs and Payments\FileName.

Any help you can give me in these areas would be greatly appreciated.

Esther

•  01-04-2008, 9:09 AM 932 in reply to 921

Re: Exporting Question

Attachment: LinkToAttachment.GIF
    Hi, Esther.

We're sorry that you are running into problems with the size of your medical records database.  We have a few suggestions for you.

First of all, please make a backup of your records using the "File/Save PHR Backup..." menu.  Save that backup file in multiple redundant locations outside of your computer, for instance CD, USB key, network storage, etc.

If you can, it's best for you to be able to maintain your records in a single database.  You are probably right that the issue is related to the large number of attachments.  HealthFrame supports linking - though it seems you are running into problems trying to link to files.  Please see the example below, where I created a condition and linked an image file on my hard disk to that condition.  The file was on my computer's Z drive on the root folder and it was called CMP.PNG.  The link that I created from HealthFrame uses file:///z:/CMP.PNG.  Note that once I save the link, I can click on the link icon and access the linked file.  It is very important that you follow the URL convention, which is to start with file:/// followed by the drive letter, colon and remainder of path.   Please let us know if that is not working for you - you seem to indicate you had problems with the linking.

We recommend that instead of trimming your database, that you consider replacing attachments with links.  Please note, of course, that when you do that, HealthFrame is no longer managing the attachments on your behalf - in other words, you will need to do separate backups for your documents.

If you still want to create a new database, and selectively transfer over your provider information, the best way at this point may be for you to copy and paste the providers you want into a newly created PHR.

Please let us know if you need additional help.

Happy New Year!
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML