Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Feature suggestion: List visits (relationships) in sorted order; provide a method for sorting all types of relationships

Last post 01-15-2018, 2:24 AM by dealio. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-18-2017, 10:59 AM 1794

Feature suggestion: List visits (relationships) in sorted order; provide a method for sorting all types of relationships

For example on the concern that I'm looking at now there are 5 related visits that I linked the concern to. I'm sure that I created the relationships for the concern well after the actual visit because I didn't have this software when I had the visits, so the relationships were probably not created in the order they actually happened. No matter. The Visits section under relationships lists all 5 visits, but they are not listed in any apparent logical order, certainly not by date of the visit, which is what I would expect. There is also no apparent way to sort them into any kind of order, for example, as mentioned by visit date (allowing for either ascending or descending date order), or by provider (all visits to an ophthalmologist versus the optician or another ophthalmologist) or by visit type (all Checkup Examinations listed together). I've noticed that the same issue exists not only for visits, but also for Notes, Treatments, Medications. It appears to be true in general for any relationship. Adding a method to sort these by relevant fields (certainly by date at least, with ascending and descending options) would make finding information easier.
    - TIA for your help!
    David
  •  01-23-2017, 5:34 PM 1800 in reply to 1794

Re: Feature suggestion: List visits (relationships) in sorted order; provide a method for sorting all types of relationships

What I'm seeing is a bit different from your claim. If I'm wrong, please let me know, and provide a screenshot or some other more explicit example.

What I see is that 'relationships' are shown in sorted order - first (primary sort key) is the top level kind of thing they are related to (like Journal, or Treatment or Visit).

And then - within that category - the are also displayed in sorted order.

I think what may be confusing is that within a category - they are sorted alphabetically, not chronologically. Sometimes one makes more sense than the other. But within otherwise like items (say links to a visit to a doctor) - I can see how listing those chronologically would be more helpful than alphabetically (by date).

I'm also sympathetic to your request about providing user control to sort this yourself. However, I get enough feedback from users that HealthFrame is complicated, and adding controls over sorting here - while helpful - will also lead to confusion and probably not the the most high value place to start sorting.

I will look into improving the 'defaullt' sort algorithm, to make it more date-centric, and see if that helps.

•  01-23-2017, 6:19 PM 1801 in reply to 1800

Re: Feature suggestion: List visits (relationships) in sorted order; provide a method for sorting all types of relationships

For HealthFrame v3.0.2, the related items of type communication, expense, test, treatment and visit will all be sorted in reverse chronological order (so most recent first).

I experimented with having more complicated sort orders - only sorting by date among those items that were tightly related (like with a particular person) - but I decided that had more potential to be confusing, and sorting by date will be obvious, and frequently sufficient.
  •  02-04-2017, 1:54 PM 1802 in reply to 1801

Thanks that will be a great help. When do you expect to release 3.0.2 and what other corrections/changes do you expect in it?
    - TIA for your help!
    David
  •  02-04-2017, 9:42 PM 1803 in reply to 1802

I will prepare more detailed release notes when I'm closer to release, but it will at least include this fix, several others customers have reported over the last couple months - both in email and on the community forum.

Also -once those are fixed, I need to test a bit to make sure I'm not making matters worse.

So - probably another month or so.
  •  01-15-2018, 2:24 AM 1924 in reply to 1803

Any progress on this front? A projected timeline for release?

Thanks
    David

- TIA for your help!
    David
View as RSS news feed in XML