Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tests: Auto-Enter Feature v2.1.6

Last post 07-24-2007, 10:36 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2007, 1:40 PM 803

Tests: Auto-Enter Feature v2.1.6

Go to Tests>Administered>Specify More Admin Details>During Visit.

If the Visit is to a diagnostic lab for x-ray or blood specimen the auto-enter feature is fine. We normally do not know or care about identifying technician performing the service and leave the ‘By’ field ‘none’.

Consider when the Visit is to a hospital or surgical clinic and the doctor is performing the procedure. If ‘During Visit’ is recorded as the facility visit, the ‘By’ is auto-entered as the facility as well. The doctor’s name cannot be entered. The alternative is to record a visit to the doctor, instead of to the hospital or clinic. In this case the facility is absent from the record. The other “Details” selections in the drop down window do not apply.

The ‘Start Date’ is also auto-entered consistent with the ‘During Visit’ selection. Here again the auto-enter feature may be at odds with a test completed on a day different than the Visit date.

Auto-completion is a great time saver. In this case another approach is reasonable for more flexibility.

robert
  •  07-24-2007, 10:36 PM 814 in reply to 803

Re: Tests: Auto-Enter Feature v2.1.6

Robert,

Thanks for your comments on the auto-completion feature in the 'Tests' page.

I believe I understand that you would like for BOTH the information about the doctor AND facility to be displayed in the Test's page.  Note, of course, that even when ONLY the doctor's name is displayed that HealthFrame still remembers the association with the organization - in fact, you can click on the link icon to the right of the doctor's name and you'll navigate to the detail record which includes the organization link.

The part that I'm confused about is that you'd like for the 'Start Date' to be configurable - even when the record was entered as being a test that was done 'During Visit'.  I'm not sure how that would be possible: if the test was done 'during a visit' shouldn't the date be the same as that of the visit?

Thanks,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML