Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Password protection on mobile devices

Last post 12-08-2006, 6:12 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-08-2006, 5:53 PM 566

Password protection on mobile devices

Dear Sir/Madame:

I am looking for software that enables personal health records to be kept on
    both my personal computer and on a PDA. Viewing your website, I am impressed
    by the information and the databases that will be created, not to mention as
    your mission and credentials of your principals.

I may have missed it but what kind of password protection is there? For
    example, on some PDA records there is first the general password and then
    another password for access to the records. I mention this concern because
    my step-son lost his TREO and I certainly don't want to lose anything with
    my family medical history info on it.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.
    Sincerely,
    William

•  12-08-2006, 6:12 PM 567 in reply to 566

Re: Password protection on mobile devices

HealthFrame supports password protection for the personal health records (PHRs) it generates.  Note that this level of password protection will provide security for loaded and backed up (.HFBK)versions of your personal health record files.  If you were to copy a .HFBK file to your TREO, that file would be encrypted until you tried opening it again using HealthFrame - on your PC, using the correct password.

If you export any portions of your clinical records (.HPHR, .CCR) or generate .PDF files (using a PDF print driver), those files are not by default password protected.

There are a number of software solutions that support password protecting your files while transporting them in mobile devices such as the TREO.  While we cannot recommend any of these products (we have not tested them), a quick search has produced a number of solutions such as for instance, Goodlink from Good Technology (http://www.good.com/trygood/vzw/resources/Good%20on%20Palm%20650.pdf), TealLock from TealPoint Software, SecureX from Toysoft Development, and CrypBox from Portable Projects.  There seem to be a larger number of solutions available for the TREO, and maybe other forum members have some experience using these tools.  These particular vendors support the TREO, so that in principle you should be able to:

- generate any number of PDF reports from HealthFrame (e.g. emergency card, medical history summary, medication list, provider list, etc),

- encrypt and load them to your TREO, and

- actually read them on your TREO with a PDF viewer (once you provide the password).

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML