Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Family History Forms

Last post 11-11-2006, 5:35 PM by abusch. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-07-2006, 7:45 PM 530

Family History Forms

My wife and I are getting to know your program and are really enjoying the features.  I just noticed that there is an upgrade available and will be getting that as soon as I can.

We are looking for a way to simplify the process of obtaining family history from our parents so that we can input the information into Healthframe.  Are there forms available in the program or online that you would recommend using?  They don't have to be exhaustive in every possible ailment but it would be nice to have common ones listed and/or typical ones that could be found on a medical application.

Thanks

•  11-07-2006, 9:54 PM 531 in reply to 530

Re: Family History Forms

Thank you for your kind words about HealthFrame and for taking the time to post this note on our community forum.

We welcome feedback from users like yourself who help us think of ways we can continue to improve HealthFrame.  In particular, I believe you would like to have physical or online forms that could be used to help guide the collection of your family's health history - like a "wizard" perhaps.  In HealthFrame we have implemented similar concepts, with our "Activity wizard" - where you can click and select from a list of 'common' activities and we also have our "Immunization wizard" - where you can fill out your immunizations based on expected, recommended guidelines.  I will send your thoughts to our development team (a tool that helps by listing the common/typical conditions) and perhaps that might lead to something of a 'family history wizard' in the future.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Surgeon General has embarked on a Family History Initiative (http://www.hhs.gov/familyhistory/) that hopefully can help you collect your family's health history.  Please note this includes a web tool, a PC tool and forms you can print (http://www.hhs.gov/familyhistory/downloads/portraitEng.pdf). 

One bit of good news is that the U.S. Surgeon General's tool generates a file that can be saved in your computer.  I will check with the development team whether they can develop an OpenHealth Service plug-in that would then allow users to import from the U.S. Surgeon General's tool directly into HealthFrame.  This, by the way, is one of the most exciting new features of our 2.1 release: our ability to expand the product via plug-ins that can add new reports, graphs, services and conversions from one tool/format to another.

I hope this link is useful and please let us know what other suggestions you may have for improvement.

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  11-11-2006, 5:35 PM 537 in reply to 531

Re: Family History Forms

Thank you those links were helpful.  I like the wizard development I have seen to this point and look forward to continued development.

I have not found a way to change the default folders for PHRs, exports and backups.  Is there a way to change those defaults?  If not I think that would be a good feature to add in future updates.

Thanks

View as RSS news feed in XML