Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Location of databases

Last post 08-28-2006, 10:57 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-28-2006, 10:49 PM 443

Location of databases

Hello,

I am evaluating your nice software, and I would like to ask if I can have the databases in a network, so we can access/modify froma any computer in our house.

Thanks!

Carlos

•  08-28-2006, 10:57 PM 444 in reply to 443

Re: Location of databases

Thank you for evaluating HealthFrame.  We hope you find it useful in your family's health care management.

HealthFrame automatically creates a personal health record (PHR) entry in its local database for each family member.  This copy/cache is always accessible directly from the computer that's being used to maintain the personal health records.

There are a couple of different ways you can share your health records in a home network: using backup files or using export files.

If you want to use a network so that the records can be modified from any computer in the house, all you have to do is store the HealthFrame backup files in a network folder/directory.  If you want to make sure you are using the latest version of the PHR, you should delete the cached version and load the network version.  When you're done updating, remove the cached version - but remember to update the backup in the network location.

Alternatively, you can export your health records to the network folder and whenever you want to edit a PHR, you should import the networked version.  Whenever you import, HealthFrame will merge with the networked version of the PHR.

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML