Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

REGARDING OBTAIN MY SONS IMMUNIZATION RECORDS

Last post 08-30-2006, 9:44 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-30-2006, 9:34 AM 450

REGARDING OBTAIN MY SONS IMMUNIZATION RECORDS

HI THIS IS SHARLENE <Name Suppressed> I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY SONS IMMUNZATION RECORDS FOR HIS SCHOOL PLS LET ME KNOW    THANKS     SHARLENE
  •  08-30-2006, 9:44 AM 451 in reply to 450

Re: REGARDING OBTAIN MY SONS IMMUNIZATION RECORDS

Dear Sharlene,

You will need to contact your son's health care provider(s) to obtain a copy of his immunization records.  When you ask for your son's records, try to obtain electronic records in addition to paper copies. Most providers do not yet support the electronic exchange with patients, but it is to your advantage to keep track of your son's records in electronic form. 

Unfortunately, most people do not have convenient access to their medical records.  If you want to avoid loss of medical information or inability to access your records whenever you want to, you need to take charge of your own health record management.

Once you have obtained a copy of your son's immunization records, enter them in HealthFrame using the Immunization Wizard (http://www.recordsforliving.com/HealthFrame/Feature_Wizards.aspx).  If your provider uses software that supports the Continuity of Care Record (CCR) then you won't even have to enter the data manually: you'll be able to simply 'import' the immunization record into HealthFrame.  If you obtained a paper copy, scan the document and attach it to a communications record in HealthFrame (this way, you'll always have the copy of the original communication with your son's doctor).

Once you have the information in HealthFrame, you'll be able to print summer camp and school forms, right out of the program, at your convenience. 

For more information on obtaining your son's immunization records, please go to the CDC's web site on immunizations: http://www.cdc.gov/nip/recs/immuniz-records.htm#recs

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML