Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

GMW-009: Weight Graph Starting at Age 20

Last post 11-04-2006, 6:47 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-02-2006, 5:34 PM 520

GMW-009: Weight Graph Starting at Age 20

This is not a big deal since we can set a Customized Date Range, but why not make it easier for new Users to just run this Graph preset to begin at Age 20? After all, you also provide the Growth Chart preconfigured to cover age 0-20, so why not preconfigure the weight chart to start after age 20? I am 59 years old, so I was puzzled myself the first time I looked at the Weight Graph and saw it started way on the left with a very low weight, then shot up to my present weights. Of course, then I realized I had, just for laughs, entered my birth weight on the Birth Information page and that was what was now on the weight graph. Just a thought; what do you think? A whole lot of HealthFrame Users might never dig into Customizations much, so let's try to make it easier for those folks.
  •  11-04-2006, 6:47 PM 525 in reply to 520

Re: GMW-009: Weight Graph Starting at Age 20

This is a good idea, and we will definitely consider it.

However - there is an important reason we did NOT do this from the outset.

By default - all of HealthFrame's 'customizations' include all data (don't filter any data out). We fear it maybe confusing if data is missing or hidden without the user explicitly choosing to hide it.

We need more feedback from our customers about how they use and understand the customization feature before we are ready to create defaults which hide information.

However - since people don't already know what data is present in our sample PHRs, they will be unsurprised to only see recent weight data in those PHRs. For this reason, we've included a customizaiton in some of our sample PHRs so that the weight chart - by default - shows only recent data.

We hope customers playing with the sample PHRs will give them ideas about what they can do with thier own PHRs.

Thank you again for your great ideas! Please do keep them coming!

Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML