Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What's the best way to use links?

Last post 10-19-2009, 8:46 AM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-19-2009, 8:39 AM 1507

What's the best way to use links?

I have a general question about links.  Should links be added to past visits for future visits, lab tests, treatments, etc. OR should links for a particular visit, lab test, etc. only be linked to past events, etc.  Example:  If I have a kidney stoned diagnosed and treated 20 years ago, would I link that to visits for the same kidney stone following the original diagnosis and treatment up to the present?  Or should I only link today's visit to current or past visits, tests, etc?

Thank you.
  •  10-19-2009, 8:46 AM 1508 in reply to 1507

Re: What's the best way to use links?

A point that may be worth making, is that HealthFrame links are bi-directional, in other words, when you link one portion of your record to another, the link shows up in both places.  With that in mind, you should use links to facilitate your style of navigation through your record.

Here are some useful ways that users have followed to organize their data with links:

* Correlate information pertaining to a particular condition

In this case, you should create the condition and from then on, link that condition to any visit that relates to the treatment of the condition, tests, medications, file attachments, URLs of web sites with useful information, journals, etc.

Note that you don't have to navigate to the condition in order to create the link - that's the benefit of links being bi-directional.  In other words, (i) create the condition; (ii) create a test entry that relates to that condition; (iii) link the test entry to the condition - from the test entry itself; (iv) go to the condition and check that the test result shows up as information that is related to the condition!

* Correlate information pertaining to specific health goals

Imagine you have set goals for yourself such as losing weight, lowering your cholesterol or stopping smoking.  You can create a Journal to (1) track your goal(s); (2) track your progress (journal entries).  You can then link the journal entries with whatever information is useful, for instance your weight measurement or blood test, vitamins/medications, medical consults, etc.

Think first about how you want to use your data, and then use links to help you navigate  information in a way that meet to your needs.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML