Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Newbees suggestions.

Last post 07-26-2009, 2:54 PM by ricknav. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-01-2009, 3:30 PM 1353

Newbees suggestions.

1.) Should be able to crosslink db components between PHR's (Individuals, organizations, etc.). Same family ... same resources ... usually.
    2.) Should have Pharmacies set up as db link. Currently, there is nowhere to enter them under the Medications entry page. Have to type in info in the Note or Instruction boxes.
    3.) Drop-down boxes (Frequency, Route, Roles, etc.) have freetext-entry ability (luckily) but do not have the ability to retain and add the entries to the selection lists. So you have to re-enter the same selections every time they are needed.
    4.) Where can I find the Time format options/setting? It's not clear what the correct form of entry is required or allowed. A four digit, military time, format as an option would be nice.
    5) How often is the med list updated and is it part of a regular version update?
    6.) There needs to be a "Copy Page", option for adding "same-med", refill information. Takes too long to re-type a new entry for the same med every time. The same applies for adding Family Members that all have similar details on every page (address, phone numbers, etc.). Oh yes, and you should be able to copy across PHR's.
    6.) I've noticed that in the Tests section, if you enter more than one test manually on one page, only the first one will be reflected in the Medical History Summary. Therefore you have to add each test on separate page if you want them all to be reflected.
    7.) You should be able to select multiple items on the Test Summary list page. This would definitely facilitate updating the same common entries or corrections across multiple test pages. As opposed to one-at-a-time entering.
    8.) Setting up a field to link in Medications on the Test page would be helpful. Using the current Related links button is slower.
    9.) On Allergies list, date range column has no relevance. Should display Reaction column instead.
    10.) You guys could really use a Med Tech (lab) and an X-ray Tech for input on your on-screen functionality & design. Just to run your ideas by them. I am new to your software and this forum. I have been a tech for better than 30 years now and I can see all kinds of improvement potential as I use your program (which, so far, I think is wonderful). I didn't write down a lot of them at first because I was learning how to get started. Now I am making an effort to do so. Any lab person worth his salt is usually pretty "anal retentive" and are sticklers for simplicity AND precision. I am a lab tech by schooling and also an xray tech by training and I have spent many years in doctor’s office environments (including charting, lab, xray, meds, nursing, etc.). Let me know if I can help
  •  06-02-2009, 9:41 PM 1355 in reply to 1353

Re: Newbees suggestions.

Hi, RickNav.  Thank you for your thoughtful feedback!

We're hoping to address many of the issues you identified in upcoming release(s).  In the meantime, here are some comments, follow-ups:

1. Agreed - sharing contacts has been an area of of interest for users - especially when they start using HealthFrame.  Copying & pasting functionality helps with the initial configuration, but it is not dynamically updated, if information were linked.
    2. Agreed - this was a limitation of the current data model.
    3. Agreed - user-defined extensions, including entered values, will be better supported.
    4. Great suggestion - we'll plan on adding military format (four digits) for time.  A couple of formats are allowed, for instance 2pm and 14:00 (with the colon).
    5. Library contents (including medication lists) are updated with major releases, and sometimes minor releases - we do not have a predetermined frequency for updates.
    6. Agreed - copy and paste support should be more readily available including for medications. 
    7. We were not able to reproduce this issue.  Did you try to add multiple measurements in a test?  Please note that the Medical History Summary prints grouped measurements - is that what happened? 
    8. What types of fields would you like to change at the same time?  Date?  Administration details?  Anything else?
    9. Maybe once you add the first Related Link, we can make it easier to add more of the same type?  That might allow this to be a generic optimization, instead of limiting to tests and medications?
    10. Agreed on allergies.
    11. Thank you VERY MUCH for your feedback.  Please feel free to let us know areas of improvement for HealthFrame.  We'll continue to do our best to enhance the program, hopefully making it easier and better to use over time.  Thank you for your offer to help - please keep up your feedback!

Support Team
  •  06-08-2009, 9:57 PM 1366 in reply to 1355

Re: Item # 7 - Lets say that I realized that I inadvertently selected C instead of F for... oh, say 8 out 50 of my Temperature measurement test entries. Currently I would have to go into each one of them and individually make the correction. What I am asking is, would it be possible to just "select" the Tests in question from the Test List, right click (for the sake of discussion) open a blank Test page and change the common field of interst and have the system make the change to all eight Tests?
  •  06-09-2009, 9:14 PM 1371 in reply to 1366

Hi, RickNav!

Thanks for clarifying your feedback for item #7.  Your example is really helpful.  The 'tricky' thing is to come up with an interface that would be generic enough (i.e. giving you access to all of the tests' data) and yet easy enough to navigate from the list interface (e.g. right click).  We'll pass the suggestion along to the development team and maybe they can come up with list editing capabilities in future releases.

(Thanks for all the other posts too!  Big Smile [:D])

Support Team
  •  06-18-2009, 9:42 PM 1393 in reply to 1371

Hi, RickNav!

Just thought you might be interested in knowing that with today's upgrade release of HealthFrame v. 2.1.11 a couple of your requests have been addressed:

4.) Where can I find the Time format options/setting? It's not clear what the correct form of entry is required or allowed. A four digit, military time, format as an option would be nice.
    6.) There needs to be a "Copy Page", option for adding "same-med", refill information. Takes too long to re-type a new entry for the same med every time. The same applies for adding Family Members that all have similar details on every page (address, phone numbers, etc.). Oh yes, and you should be able to copy across PHR's.

You should see a notice alerting you of the upgrade - just follow the download and install instructions.  The new version supports military format (four digits) for time as well as the ability to copy and paste medications, even across PHRs.

Thanks again for your feedback,
    Support Team
  •  06-19-2009, 1:47 PM 1398 in reply to 1393

Thanks guys. Now I just need to go in and investigate how to use them. Should be fun.
  •  07-24-2009, 9:11 PM 1433 in reply to 1393

Ok, I give up. "as well as the ability to copy and paste medications, even across PHRs." How do I get this to work and what exactly is this capabilty supossed to do ... beyond what is stated? Copy the name of the med, the whole med entry page, i.e.?
  •  07-26-2009, 12:43 PM 1441 in reply to 1433

Attachment: CopyMedications.PNG
    Hi, Ricknav!

Sorry that our original reply wasn't clear.  Here's some additional information:

What gets copied when you copy medications?

• The name of the medication
    • Notes
    • Dosage
    • Frequency
    • Route
    • Strength
    • Prescription flag and number
    • Number of refills (remember to subtract one!)
    • Instructions
    • Reason discontinued

What does not gets copied when you copy medications?

• The start and end dates for the medication - typically you do not want this copied because you may be re-filling your medication and that's how you chose to track your refills.
    • Prescriber - it's not clear that the same doctor will prescribe all of your medications, especially refills.  Also, if you copy across PHRs, the same doctor might not be present in the target PHR.
    • Related Information
    How do I copy a medication?

• Go to the Medication List (Home > Health > Medications, Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements) - see image
    • Select the medication you wish to copy (click on the row)
    • In the Edit menu, click on Copy Medication
    • If you want to paste in the same PHR, simply go back to the Edit menu and click on the Paste New Medication item
    • You should now see a new record for the medication you copied
    Please let us know if you need additional assistance,
    Support Team

•  07-26-2009, 2:54 PM 1444 in reply to 1441

Thanks. Never occured to me to go to the Menu Bar. This should really help.

Rick
View as RSS news feed in XML