Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

ORGANIZATIONS and INDIVIDUALS

Last post 06-30-2009, 9:15 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-22-2009, 6:26 PM 1402

ORGANIZATIONS and INDIVIDUALS

I spent a lot of time entering Organizations and Individuals, and then identifying the organization the individual belongs to. However, when I view the AAFP Continuity of Care Record, nothing is listed for those individuals, except for Role! Shouldn't the organization be listed for the individual, and the phone number, address, etc. be pulled in from the organization data? What is the point of creating organizations if we have to copy all this info. over to all the individuals anyhow? Am I missing something here?
  •  06-22-2009, 10:03 PM 1407 in reply to 1402

Re: ORGANIZATIONS and INDIVIDUALS

Hi, Bob!

Please look at the image below.  You will note that the AAFP Continuity of Care Record report is designed to use a hyperlink to find the provider's detailed information (e.g. phone number, address, etc).

If you don't like this reporting format for your provider's contact information, you may want to take a look at the Home > Reports > OpenHealth Reports & Services  > Healthcare Providers Summary.

Thanks for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team

•  06-23-2009, 3:07 AM 1411 in reply to 1407

I noticed the hyperlink, but for every Individual I linked to an Organization, the phone number and address fields under "Additional Information About People - People" are blank. For Individuals which are linked to Organizations, I did not enter any Location information for the Individual. I assumed the Organizations phone number and address would be used. If not, and I have 3 doctors in 1 Organization (e.g.--"Orthopedic Associates"), I will have to enter the phone number and address 4 times instead of once? This seems to render entering Organization information useless, in my estimation.

Am I entering Organizations incorrectly? I've created an organization for each medical practice that is more than 1 doctor. This seemed to be how it is done in the Help example. Should Organizations only be like facilities and health plans, not practices?

Both the CCR and the Healthcare Providers Summary list individuals and organizations separately, and provide no corelation between them. This appears to me to be a major flaw in both summaries. Only the Medical History Summary displays the organization with the individual.

I guess the only way to show an individuals's organization in the CCR, is to enter the the organization's name in the individual's "Location" field, and copy the organization's phone numbers and address into the individual's location. Seems like a lot of unnecessary redundant data entry to me. And copying these fields between forms is not easy, since only one form can be displayed on the screen at once.
  •  06-30-2009, 9:15 PM 1424 in reply to 1411

Bob,

You raise an interesting point about whether 'blank' contact information for an Individual Provider should be filled in using the Organization's phone number and address.  In some cases this might make sense, but it's unclear if it is always the case...

Consider, for instance, the fact that organizations can have multiple locations - which location should be associated with an Individual provider for 'default' contact information?

Perhaps there should be an option or a way of selecting (without re-entering) an associated organization's location(s)?

Also, please note that the CCR report is defined by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and we are unable to update the report based on your feedback, e.g. listing individuals and organizations separately without correlation.  We will pass the information along to the AAFP.

Thanks,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML