Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

C.P.T. CODES

Last post 06-23-2009, 3:19 AM by bobmc. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-22-2009, 6:58 PM 1404

Idea [I] C.P.T. CODES

I like the software so far, and have found it to be well organized. The one big downfall I have found is the lack of using the AMA CPT codes. ALL my doctors (14 entered so far) use these codes. I did find a web site where I can enter them and get the definition, but then I have to spend time searching the HealthFrame Conditions Types for the best match. I seem to be able to do this, but I may not always be right or as accurate as using the doctor's original code, and it is time consuming! I understand your note in the help about the licensing fees being excessive.

Might I suggest creating an add-in that, for an additional fee, would incorporate (or unlock) the use of CPT codes? If you negotiate something reasonable with the AMA on a software seat-by-seat basis, those of us who are willing to pay for it could use the codes, and you could send them (most of) the money. This would keep the initial cost of HealthFrame low, but allow much easier and quicker data entry for those willing to pay for the add-in. I would not have paid $100 for the software initially, but now that I am into it, I would gladly pay another $40-$60 if I could enter the CPT codes directly. I am adding them to the comments about the condition, but I do not see where the comments are in the Continuity of Care Record, and the use of the other codes may not be as accurate.

Any hope of this ever happening?
  •  06-22-2009, 10:42 PM 1409 in reply to 1404

Re: C.P.T. CODES

Bob,

We're glad to hear that you seem to be happy with the overall quality of HealthFrame!

Your analysis of why HealthFrame currently does not support CPT codes is entirely correct.  We have worked hard to produce an affordable product of high quality.  Unfortunately, licensing CPT codes from the AMA would have raised our prices beyond most users' ability to pay.  Your suggestion is very interesting! In essence, creating an 'add-on' functionality that would allow for the AMA to be paid for its license fees, as well as enable the functionality in HealthFrame, without impacting most user's ability to purchase the PHR software.

We'll pass along your suggestion to our product management/development teams and hopefully this is something that can be added in future releases.

Thank you very much for your input.  It's greatly appreciated!
    Support Team
  •  06-23-2009, 3:19 AM 1412 in reply to 1409

Re: C.P.T. CODES

A CPT code add-in, at a reasonalbe price, would be a great addition to the software. One would hope the AMA is most interested in facilitating the records exchanges between providers and patients, and less inerested in making a huge profit from a proprietary coding system.

Now, if I could get this add-in by next month, that would be super-awesome!!
View as RSS news feed in XML