Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Can't access backup file on a USB drive

Last post 11-30-2008, 9:54 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-30-2008, 9:47 PM 1243

Can't access backup file on a USB drive

I am trying to install a backup copy of my medical record. I have it on a USB drive. I followed the instructions to create it the program specified. I have re-instslled Health Frame & am trying to re-load my backup, which is not availiable for some reason. It shows on the USB as a PHR file, so I am not sure why it is not working. Could you please e-mail me some instruction or advice? I have a lot of data on that back-up & if I can't retrieve it, it will be A LOT of work for me! How can I be assured this will not happen again?

Thanks for your time.
    Tania
  •  11-30-2008, 9:54 PM 1244 in reply to 1243

Re: Can't access backup file on a USB drive

Dear Tania,

We're sorry for the issues you are running into trying to access your backup data from your USB drive.

When you say that the data 'shows on the USB as a PHR file', can you confirm that:
    • It has a .HFBK file extension
    • Windows recognizes the file as a "HealthFrame PHR Backup File"
    Was HealthFrame installed on the computer to which you attached the USB drive?

How have you tried to open the backup file?  Did you double-click on the the .HFBK file or did you you start HealthFrame and then try to restore the backup (File > Restore PHR backup...)?

Have you tried copying the backup file to your computer's hard disk before restoring the backup?  Please try that.  Does HealthFrame open the backup file once it's copied to your computer's harddisk - where HealthFrame is installed?

Please let us know if you need additional help and thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML