Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Family History and CCRs

Last post 04-12-2008, 7:16 PM by drix. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-07-2008, 7:47 PM 1033

Family History and CCRs

If my family members have linked PHRs under Basic Information / Family, it would be great if it could acquire the Conditions from the related person rather than having to enter them again.

Also, I entered a few of my husband's Conditions under my son's PHR, and the CCR report a bunch codes for only one Condition; what happened to the other Conditions? Also, why can't it say Father rather than just Parent? Isn't it important to note if it's a maternal vs paternal condition/trait?

Code Description Relationship(s) Status Source
    Parent
    C0020445 (UMLS) 272.0 (ICD9CM) 190773008 (SNOMEDCT) C0020538 (UMLS) 997.91 (ICD9CM) 38341003 (SNOMEDCT) C0043037 (UMLS) 078.1 (ICD9CM) 123201004 (SNOMEDCT) C0020676 (UMLS) 244.9 (ICD9CM) 40930008 (SNOMEDCT) C0042548 (UMLS) 078.19 (ICD9CM) 63440008 (SNOMEDCT) C0037199 (UMLS) 473.9 (ICD9CM) 36971009 (SNOMEDCT) Hypercholesterolemia, Familial Parent

The Conditions for my son shows the name in the Description (but no code?).

Type Date Code Description Status
    Condition
    May 14, 2006 -
    Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Active
    Condition
    Color Vision Defect (red-green) Active
    Condition
    Croup/Asthma

Thanks for everything!

•  04-10-2008, 10:14 PM 1038 in reply to 1033

Re: Family History and CCRs

Attachment: AAFP_CCR.PNG
    Hi, Drix!

Great questions as always!  Big Smile [:D] Let me try and answer the three topics you brought up:

1. That's a great suggestion: to infer family history information from the linked personal health records (PHRs).  We have plans to have future versions of HealthFrame take better advantage of linked PHRs and the current version hasn't quite fully implemented our 'vision' yet.  We'll send your suggestion along to our development team and see if we can get some of that functionality in.  Thanks!
    2. Great catches on the bugs with the integration of HealthFrame and the AAFP's continuity of care record (CCR) report.  We have fixed the bugs and we will publish the updated OHS Plug-in in the online directory.  In the meantime, please look at the net effect of the changes in the image below and download the zip containing the OHS Plug-in from my next reply to this thread.
    3. Finally, the reason your son's conditions aren't showing any codes is because when you entered the conditions, you did not use names/descriptions that matched any of the built-in names or synonyms.   Please edit your names and replace them with the suggestions below:
      • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) -> Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) or ADHD
      • Color Vision Defect (red-green) -> Color Blindness, Red-Green
      • Croup/Asthma -> Croup
    Note that you don't have to have codes for your conditions.  In some scenarios, it may make it easier to match the data, but it is not strictly necessary.  HealthFrame is unique in its ability to allow for 'free text' (users describe their conditions however they'd like) as well as coded data.  HealthFrame has an extensive listing of condition names and synonyms and so long as what you typed matches one of those, HealthFrame does the automatic coding.

If you want to 'see' whether you matched or not, please open up the condition picker.

Thank you again for your great posts.  Your suggestions help us continually improve HealthFrame and helps others become more acquainted with the benefits HealthFrame has to offer.

Please let us know if you need additional clarification,
    Support Team

•  04-10-2008, 10:15 PM 1039 in reply to 1038

Here is the OHS Plug-In with the updated AAFP CCR Report.

Thanks again!
    Support Team
  •  04-12-2008, 7:16 PM 1042 in reply to 1039

THANKS! It works great.

Note: Sometimes  I don't know what exact condition to use since it's so technical.

View as RSS news feed in XML