Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Test Value Input Suggestion

•  05-05-2007, 12:20 AM

Test Value Input Suggestion

Tests. What would be really, really special(no other PHR that I know of does this) is to record blood, urine and other similar tests like the laboratory reports only a little more informative. In addition to the Item Name, Value, and Units currently available in HealthFrame, also provide entries for the Reference Range(other names – Reference Interval, Reference Values) and an auto calculated %Low-High. The %Low-High is a program generated value based on the percent below the Low Reference Range value(i.e. 5%L), or the percent above the High Reference Range value(i.e. 8%H). Test results that fall within the Reference Range might show a check mark or OK or Ave(for Average). I can not tell you the number of times different doctors have over looked significant HIGH or LOW flags because the percent over or under isn’t shown on the report.

The above will need a little modification for urine, pleural fluid, etc. tests.  Instead of noting High or Low, many lab reports use ‘Abnormal’ or the value may just be flagged with an asterisk without comment. Also, the Result and the Reference Range could be a word instead of a number or number range. Possibly the degree of difficulty to accomplish this suggestion is why it hasn’t been done yet.

robert
View Complete Thread