Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

GM-021: Can I Un-link Tests from Visits?

•  11-02-2006, 4:15 PM

GM-021: Can I Un-link Tests from Visits?

I have a problem. I have used HealthFrame since v1.0 (I think that's where I started), and back then I wasn't clear on how HealthFrame sections were all going to link together someday. Back then I was taking a lot of routine measurements ('Tests') myself at home, like weight, blood pressure at the pharmacy machines, etc., and recording these in HealthFrame. But instead of just entering these as 'Self-Administered' Tests, I began by creating a Visit for each of these, then listing myself as the Provider and then adding/linking a Test to record my data. Now I know better, that I can just enter these as Tests without creating a Visit which never occurred anyway.

So do you see my problem? I have many, many Visits recorded, which makes me look like a hypochondriac, clutters up and distorts my report summaries, and forces me to wade through them to isolate out the real Visits that occurred. Is there some way now I can retain the Tests I created, but disassociate them from the fake 'Visits' I created and allow me to totally delete these fake Visits?

I tried this method, but it didn't work for me: I picked one of my Vital Signs Tests, which was linked to one of my fake visits. Under Related Information, next to the Visit I clicked the X marked 'Delete this Link', and a line did mask out the link. I hit OK to save this change, thinking that was it. But both the Visit and the Test remain in my database, and they remain linked.

Any suggestions?
View Complete Thread