Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Suggestion for a new feature

•  03-06-2017, 12:49 PM

Suggestion for a new feature

Often when I'm working with the app, I'm focused on getting information recorded in the the app, and not so much on reporting. But getting information out is important when I want to visit a new doctor and must explain medical history. Its also helpful sometime even with Drs that I currently already see, as they either forget what I've told them before, or their notes are incomplete or just wrong, or they don't have the information accessible at the moment.

My suggestion is two-part:
    Part One:
    1. create a panel (or a series of panels, whatever is required to accomplish this idea) to display and allow editing of a timeline of event. 
    2. On the panel, user selections for creating a timeline might be by "Concern (condition or sign or symptom)" or by "Activity".
    3. Give the user the option to display the timeline of events for the selected concern either graphically from left to right using scrolling to allow enough room, or in tabular format in either ascending or descending date order.
    4. Include hyperlinks on the timeline that when clicked take you to the detailed record of the item clicked (say, a visit to a particular doctor, or to test results on a certain date).
    5. Include filtering on the timeline to allow the user to specify the timeframe for the timeline, and to select what items to include on the timeline (for example, check box for visits, tests, treatments, and journal entries, but not expenses, notes)
    6. For items included on the timeline that are what I'll call "big text" items, meaning they consume a lot of space due to the amount of text (like journal entries), perhaps put just the datetime stamp and the title (or first few words) of the item on the timeline and allow the user to click on a hyperlink to open the item.
    7. Allow the addition of items on the timeline

Part Two:

1. Create reports that mirrors the timeline formats above so that they can be printed or saved in PDF format when that is needed.
    2. For the "big text" items mentioned above, print them the same way (datetime stamp and title), but on separate pages, include the full text of the item. So for example, if notes are not included in the timeline, then all notes on the printed list would appear in the tabular format mentioned above with datetime first and the first few words of the note. Then on a separate page, ALL notes would be listed by ascending or descending order (same as report), and on another page(s), ALL journal entries that are included on the timeline are printed similarly, so that all notes are printed together, then a new page is started and all journal notes are printed on the new page(s)

- TIA for your help!
    David
View Complete Thread