Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: HealthFrame v3 is great improvement - some suggestions/questions

•  06-22-2016, 5:07 PM

Re: HealthFrame v3 is great improvement - some suggestions/questions

support@RecordsForLiving.com:
    >>> there doesn't appear to be a way to filter the visits by concern or by activity, which would be helpful
    dealio>>> I apologize that I"m so late responding to your very thorough reply below. I really appreciate it. I've been so tied up with too many life events happening at once. But that's everyone I guess. Anyway, I've answered below some of your questions and statements, and I've made some suggestions too. In addition, I've been keeping a log of bugs I run into and suggestions that I think will enhance the value of this incredibly great app. I hope you take them in that vein. I'll post the list here first, then I'll try to figure out how to do as you requested - that will take much more time.

o First - I'm very happy you were able to see the design of using filters as my intended way for you to subset this information. I put in enough filtering functionality to be useful (I hope) for v3, but do intend to add more (gradually).

dealio>>> glad you created the app. It is one of the best I've seen - very comprehensive at storing and relating information.

I've added this bug to track your suggestion
    http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1028
    Add a 'By Matching Concern' - defaults to Any - in the filters for
    > Encounters/
    Encounters/{Communications,Visits}
    > Medications
    > Tests
    > Treatments

Reports > Summaries > Visits Summary
    Once this is in place, I may consider more places it fits, and additional related information filters.
    I hope to address this issue in the coming months.

>>> on pages where there are expandable sections, it would be nice to have some graphic appear next to sections that actually have some data in them It turns out - I ALREADY DO THIS (for one case) - for the Relationships section - I do this when it contains attachements.
    Still - this is way to ad-hoc, and your idea is an excellent one! - I've opened issue http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1029 On pages with expandable sections - make it clear when the section has content wtihout opening - to track it.

dealio>>> thanks!

>>> - the form for entering a doctor is inconsistent in allowing periods and commas, for example for Dr. John Q. Public, D.D.S.
    I'm having trouble finding any cases where this isn't working perfectly.

I create a NEW contact. I paste in the name "Dr. John Q. Public, D.D.S, and then click the down arrow by the name to see how it parsed it, and I see
    what appears to me perfect name parsing.

Please clarify, opening a separate issue (thread) and paste a picture/screenshot?

dealio>>> I found out what I was doing incorrectly. I missed the little graphic next to the name that when clicked parses the name entered and offers fields for titles and post-fixed degress, etc. It works fine.

>>> - the ability to add attachments is GREAT! I can put PDF files of records that I can't otherwise add to the database, so that they're still available OK - this is embarrassing, but I'm afraid your NOT saving the attachments, but shortcuts. We do have a bug issue tracking adding a clearer mechanism for file shortcuts - http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=38 (Support File Shortcuts as 'related information).

To store a file inside the PHR (like a PDF) - use the "Add Link" button (you are already using), and select "File Attachment" and then "Create New".

I welcome your guidance on how to make this clearer (other than adding a 'File Shortcut" in the list of links - next to "File Attachment" (which is what the bug report#38 above says basically).

dealio>>> This is what I actually do to add files...I use the Add New File Attachment and navigate to the file (usually PDF) I want to attach. I've tested it to to make sure that it wasn't just a link to the file. This way I know all my information is in ONE place, not scattered all over my machine. Thanks for this feature!

>>> - when entering contacts, there's no apparent way to associate a telephone number with a particular address for examples, for companies that have multiple addresses
    Hmm. That makes sense. But its a rarity, and probably becoming MORE rare. But still sensible. Any suggestions how to amend the user interface for specifying phone numbers so it was clear they applied to a given location? Without being overly klunky? Maybe just a popup menu of locations that defaults to 'any location'? for each phone number?

dealio>>> It may be rare where you live, but I live in a small town and doctors frequently practice from multiple locations. May I suggest that phone numbers should be tied to LOCATIONS and not contacts, UNLESS its a MOBILE phone number (which practitioners rarely give out). This would solve the issue. Thus for any practitioner who practices from multiple locations, I can add each location and the associated phone numbers for that location. Then it's clear what number to use to call when he's at a particular location.

>>> - a few additional phone types would be helpful too: "After Hours", "Emergency", "Preferred", "Appointments", "Main" (instead of Work) Added http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1030 - - a few additional phone types would be helpful too: "After Hours", "Emergency", "Preferred", "Appointments", "Main"
    As this is easy, unless I can think of reasons to avoid it, this should be done sooner rather than later.

dealio>>> thanks!

>>> - another feature that would be nice is the ability to segregate types of care such as the ability to filter medical records to show only those that are related to dental records, or vision (eye) records
    This was absolutely my intent, but getting there requires careful and prioritized insertion of filters. Just adding anything can filter anything - I fear - would make the interface confusing. Instead, I'm trying to add the most plausible, useful forms of filtering (at least first).

As covered above - filtering (most things) by 'Concern' makes alot of sense. I plan to start with that, and see what makes sense next.

dealio>>> thanks!

>>> 1) are there plans to provide an iOS app that complements the software that would allow the ability to carry your medical records with you
    We've done a lot to allow records to be carried with you, but nothing really in the finished state where its ready to deliver and support as a product.

One Feature present in HealthFrame v3, is that you can automatically synchonize your PHR with an external location (push to a URL or a folder - which maybe synchronized itself with dropbox for example).

You then could use HealthFrame Lite (free HealthRecord reader) on any PC (not a phone).

dealio>>> haven't tried this feature yet. I'll look at it. But one huge drawback is that in order to be portable, I have to take my laptop with me to the doctor's office. HUGE inconvenience. The other thought, and this is a growing concern, when we place our medical information in the "cloud", it's unclear how safe that is, for example, don't they backup the cloud? Does that mean there are multiple copies of my data on backup media? Who has access to those copies. Other questions as well. I much prefer to have the local copy on my machine and on my iPad or iPhone. So far, its only a couple hundred MB of information, which is peanuts for storage on an iDevice these days.

We have (obviously) thought about providing some iPhone based product. But I dont want to re-intent the wheel, or provide anything but the very best product in its category. I'm not sure we have the interest and capital to do that, and I'm not sure its the smartest move right now. I'd REALLY like to integrate with some market leading mobile health solution? I just haven't had time to dig and come up with a plan I feel comfortable with.

I absolutely appreciate your ideas, and its clear a product like HealthFrame can be much improved by being "IN" mobile devices. Its just not clear how to get from here to there.

BTW - one FAMILY of ideas has already been discussed on this forum. We DO plan to leverage our Synchonizaiton feature - to allow you to create reports (filtered by concern for example - as you outlined) - which can be published to the Web (say to drop box). That way - you can see those reports anywhere - from your hand-held web browser.

I dont have a date for this (its not easy to add this) - but this is a feature we've prioritized and should help.

As for calendar integration, we already have http://bugzilla.recordsforliving.com/show_bug.cgi?id=290 (Calendar Synchonize (Calandar export hook) - with stuff like outlook) - which I think is what you are referring to.

>>> 2) are there plans to integrate the application with Outlook on the desktop? Some of the same benefits mentioned in Q1 above become available if you do Mostly addressed above.

We REALLY appreciate your feedback! This was great! In the future - it might be easier to respond - however - if you ask individual questions in individual threads...

- TIA for your help!
    David
View Complete Thread