Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Medications

•  07-11-2013, 6:38 PM

Re: Medications

>>4) Under Basic Information on the Visit information, is it possible to split the individual and organization
    >>selections when you click on the Provider box? Those of us who have multiple conditions, have multiple
    >>? doctors, and each doctor may have multiple contacts (i.e., nurse, lab technician, billing, etc.,), and which
    >>also means there are multiple organizations (at least one per doctor, sometimes more). Having to scroll through
    >> multiple individuals just to get to the Name of a Pharmacy is time-consuming and tedious. So being able to select
    >> either the organization or individual provider list would be very helpful.

First - HealthFrame already tries to shorten the list it shows you to make it easier to pick the entry you want. I gather you are complaining it doesn't do this well enuf.
    At the top of the popup - it only lists ACTIVE providers. In HFv2, you can mark your providers as no longer active by editing a data range (in HF v3 there is a new checkbox for this).

De-activing doctors will make them still available, but not at the top of the popup.

The problem is, I do have only the active doctors, facilities selected. Again, it would be nice if you could just separate the organizations from the individual providers in these visits.  People like me have multiple doctors, facilities, hospitals, pharmacies, etc., that we use and are active.  Also, each doctor has a physician assistant that I see instead of the doctor several times a year, and then once or twice a year I see the the doctor. Keeping this in mind, the provider lists is at least duplicated in length. . .and then some doctors have multiple locations, which again doubles the list.  For isnstance

Dr. A has office in City1
    Dr. A has office in City2
    Dr. A office in City 1 has PA1
    Dr. A office in City 2 has PA2

So for one doctor, there might be 4-6 entries in the provider list. . .all of which are active. Separating Individuals from Organizations would cut that in half.
View Complete Thread