Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

Re: IPAD Application

•  01-01-2011, 3:01 PM

Re: IPAD Application

Ron, I heartily second this suggestion. In fact, to me this is the 'holy grail' of Personal Health Records. We Consumers need an easily portable device to carry with us as we interact with the Health System. The beauty of HealthFrame is consolidating and organizing all our health information, and we need this with us, in its entirety, when we visit our health providers, insurers, etc.

We will never have our desktop personal computers with us away from home. So I worry; if HealthFrame remains solely a desktop product, it will be replaced by 1) tablet-based software, and/or 2) 'cloud-based' PHR products. You and I read media stories of Doctors who now carry tablets with our health histories right in front of them. When will we health Consumers be able to carry the same thing?

My wife and I currently are almost full-timers living in a motorhome moving around the country. We need our medical histories with us wherever we are in case of need; we cannot count on being close to our 'regular' health providers who still control most of our health records. And I cannot carry my PC to the doctors' office. An iPad-based HealthFrame (with also access via the 'cloud' via any browser) could be a wonderful (and profitable?) product in my opinion. I would pay for online storage/backup, if it resolved the pieces missing today with current PHR products.

What do other HealthFrame Users think? Do you find printed reports from HealthFrame adequate when you visit your health providers?
View Complete Thread