Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help

CCR to CCD Translation Service

•  02-05-2010, 11:45 AM

CCR to CCD Translation Service

It appears to me that major health care institutions are (or already have started) implementing the import capability using the CCD format.  Some do not plan to support the CCR format.  The hospital in my area and the associated doctors has started using RelayHealth which allows for the import and export of CCD formatted XML files.  I was so pleased to find that RelayHealth had a plug-in that would create a CCD document (although a little awkwardly).

I used the plug-in to create the XML document and imported it into RelayHealth.  The result was disappointing.  While one data section was imported the others were not.  Upon talking with the support people at RelayHealth, they stated (after they reviewed the file created by HealthFrame) that the import file must comply with the CCD standard HITSP C32 Version 2.3 to work correctly.

It is imperative to be able to import records from HealthFrame into these systems and it is requested that the Plug-in be updated so as to support the latest CCD standard.  If agreed I would like to see the option to be able to directly save the created XML document to a filename and location of the users choosing.

Please let me know.
View Complete Thread