Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Question About Prescriptions

Last post 02-06-2008, 11:19 AM by Keith. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-04-2008, 9:01 PM 984

Question About Prescriptions

Good morning,

I am considering purchasing HealthFrame and I have a question:

It appears I am able to store information about my prescriptions. Does the program allow me to set reminders so I get a pop-up alert when it’s time to take the drug? If not, may I suggest that as an added feature?

Additionally, may I respectfully suggest the ability to synch with a PDA (phone) as well as the iPod? I only use my iPod in certain places and times, but I always have with me my PDA phone.

Thank you for your time, and congratulations on creating such an important product!

Best regards,

Keith
  •  02-05-2008, 10:23 PM 988 in reply to 984

Re: Question About Prescriptions

Hello, Keith:

Thank you for your interest in HealthFrame and for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve HealthFrame.

The current version of HealthFrame does not support alerts/reminders.  To be clear, you are suggesting that when you enter particular prescriptions that you be able to enter information such as, "remind me to take the medication at 7 am, 3 pm and 11 pm for ten days, starting today".  At the appropriate days and times, HealthFrame would bring up a popup, reminding you to medicate.  This is an interesting suggestion - thank you for sending it to us!

As for synchronization with PDAs, you should be able to synchronize with any PDA that can be accessed as a 'removable hard drive'.  You can then load Continuity of Care Record (CCR) exports, PDF reports, etc on your PDA: http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/506.aspx

Thank you for your kind comments on HealthFrame and please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if you have additional suggestions,
    Support Team
  •  02-06-2008, 11:19 AM 989 in reply to 988

Re: Question About Prescriptions

Correct. As an example, I'm currently take a drug. I almost never take drugs (even aspirin), so when I do need to take something prescribed by my doctor, I often forget because it's not something I usually need to remember. So on my PDA phone, I finally just set an alert that goes off one a day at a certain time that says "Time to take 'x.'" So, I think I'd like to keep a record of my drugs, and I'd like a "pill alert." I know that some people have to take a huge number of pills daily, some with or without food, or avoiding dairy for an hour on either side. A reminder, "No dairy for the next hour" followed by "It's time to take 'x' drug. Remember: no dairy for another hour" would be a very useful feature, and probably fairly easy to program, or perhaps tie in to Outlook or other scheduling software?

As I've progressed in my reseasrch, it seems I like A and C features from one app, B, D, and E from another, and F from a third. :-)

Again, good luck to you and your company for creating such an important product. We need to be more proactive in our own health care, but we need great tools to help us.

Regards,

Keith

View as RSS news feed in XML