Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Import BP records

Last post 01-11-2008, 10:20 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-03-2008, 8:13 PM 924

Import BP records

I have installed the BP import plug in, but how do I use it?

Also, have you ever considered plug-ins to extract data from USB home BP units?  I have a Microlife 3AC1 and would love to implement some of the features of its PC application using HealthFrame.  Such a thing would be worth an additional fee.

•  01-04-2008, 7:33 AM 930 in reply to 924

Re: Import BP records

After searching the forum, I did see how to make the BP import work, however...

The system does not respect the PC locale setting with respect to date format.  It appears to demand mm-dd-yy format regardless of PC setting.

When I import the file, it is not shown unless I choose the "any file" filter.  I would have expected the registered .bpcsv extension type to appear using the default "Any recognized" filter.

Little things of course, but worthwhile polish on a very good program.  Thanks!

•  01-06-2008, 1:07 PM 935 in reply to 930

NatureDude,

You're absolutely right!  When we developed the blood pressure OHS Plug-in it was in response to the request from a US-based user in this forum.  We agree this is a limitation of the current implementation and we will fix it and update the plug-in.  Once the update is available, we will post a notification to the HealthFrame user forum.

Thank you also for pointing out the current limitation of the import dialog box.  In HealthFrame version 3.0 - currently under development - we have made a number of improvements in the area of supporting the dynamic recognition of file import types, based on installed OHS Plug-ins and other factors.  We expect this will greatly enchance the usability of some of our extension functions.

Thank you for your input and kind comments on HealthFrame and we look forward to additional suggestions,
    Support Team
  •  01-11-2008, 10:20 PM 947 in reply to 935

NatureDude,

The blood pressure OHS Plug-in has been updated to support Locale information - you can download it from our web site

If your default date format is dd-mm-yyyy (e.g. 31-01-2007), just make sure your .bpcsv file uses that date format.

Please let us know if you run into any problems with this update or if you have additional suggestions.

Support Team
    Records For Living
View as RSS news feed in XML