Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Emergency room visits- medicine given documentation

Last post 09-04-2007, 8:30 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-23-2007, 11:10 PM 840

Emergency room visits- medicine given documentation

I have asked for original charts for 2 ER visits which should reflect medications given to me in ER setting and the nurse who adminisrered giving me the medications. As of yet have not received any documentation of any meds except those I was sent home with. Is proper protocol for anything administered to be documented and by which nurse administered the drug to you. I know it used to be. I am in the middle of a claim against a hospital pro-bono and they want to settle but I am not getting this much needed info. Do they throw out their medical mistakes and make up new documents or hiding this or  what. I am really getting frustrated because info I am receiving is not truthful by 1 Dr. in anyway at all. I need some advice ASAP. He is actually lying in someparts and cannot find documentation in the other part yet when I went back to them and had meeting with hospital adminisrater and ERadministrater they were aware of this 1 certain medication and were changing the way it was to be given and also said it would not be used very much due to complications such as mine. Please can someone help me here? Thank you ,very much appreciated. Also thry are to be accountable for all doses of meds given. So if there are shortages would that not be  a problem.
  •  09-04-2007, 8:30 PM 844 in reply to 840

Re: Emergency room visits- medicine given documentation

Dear China,

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties getting access to your ER visits medical records.

Records For Living does not offer medical or legal counseling.  It would seem advisable that you consult with a lawyer to clarify your rights in this matter. Additionally you should probably share your concerns about the medications you may have been given during the ER visits with your PCP.

Records For Living does not have access to any of its customers medical records.  We encourage individuals to actively gather, save and organize their medical records using HealthFrame.  The more complete your medical record, the more likely you will be to improve the quality of the healthcare you receive, especially if you interact with multiple healthcare providers who otherwise would only have access to portions of your medical record.

Best of luck,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML