Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Copy & Paste A Record ??

Last post 04-25-2007, 3:34 PM by Robert. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-18-2007, 11:26 PM 686

Copy & Paste A Record ??

This is a thought…….maybe a good idea or maybe not. For consideration – similar to copy and pasting a row or block of information on a spreadsheet – how about adding a copy page button for a test that is repeated on another date? This could work for blood tests, for example, so that after clicking Add New, a Paste Page button on that page would enter the copied report; saving a lot of clicking to enter identical data. Using the Tab key to navigate the page highlights the line item so typing in the new data deletes the old data. Certainly seems like it would speed up data entry for those ‘repeated’ tests and treatments and might also be an alternate to saving user-defined tests.

As an alternative thought to copy/paste……since linking is already common in HF…maybe a new button called Same As (or something similar) on the New Page would open a window showing past tests/treatments and the selection would fill in the New Page. Revise the page as above.

robert
  •  04-22-2007, 11:08 PM 691 in reply to 686

Re: Copy & Paste A Record ??

Attachment: CopyProvider.PNG
    Robert,

Thanks for your suggestions!

You're of course right that copying and pasting entire 'records'/bundles of information can be very useful.  HealthFrame supports this mechanism for copying/pasting family members, individual and organizational providers.

Please note in the picture below that you can select an individual provider (row) and then use the Edit / Copy Provider menu.  (You can also use this menu if you "Open" the individual provider, btw).

Initially we supported the copy/paste functionality for these record types, in support of families who share the same family members and quite possibly same providers...

We would like to expand this support in other areas, and we certainly appreciate the recommendation to include support for copying/pasting tests.

Thanks,
    Support Team

•  04-25-2007, 3:34 PM 693 in reply to 691

Re: Copy & Paste A Record ??

Thanks for relating to the copy / paste feature mentioned.... practically all the records I've been keeping are for my wife.  I will be able to speed up my record entries since we do share a few providers.

robert
View as RSS news feed in XML