Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Day to day health

Last post 08-04-2006, 12:51 AM by Riwia. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-03-2006, 11:29 PM 418

Day to day health

Hi,

Came across your google ad.

I have to keep daily records of medication, reactions, etc.

e.g:

Monday 09 May 2005

0330 blocked nose - 2 Sinutab

0545 PF 90

1x thophylline

1x Zyrtec

0600 2x Ventolin

2 x Beclate

Nebuliser - asthma attack

PF 160

and so on and so forth.

Would your programme be able to handle something like this?

Also, if I needed to know how often I had a blocked nose, or how many times I had an asthma attack, would your programme be able to give me a summary?

Many thanks

Riwia

•  08-04-2006, 12:02 AM 419 in reply to 418

Re: Day to day health

Attachment: medhist.GIF

You ask some really good questions. 

Let me try and answer how HealthFrame can capture the information you asked.

First, I would start by creating entries for your conditions, medications and tests:
     - 2 conditions: asthma and blocked nose
     - 5 medications: Sinutab, thophylline, Zyrtec, Beclate and Nebuliser
     - 2 tests: peak flow (PF)

When creating the conditions, medications and tests, I'd also be sure to track related
    information (for instance, Zyrtec for blocked nose, etc).  Note that you can have multiple
    'related information'.

At this point, your medical history summary looks something like the image below (please note
    I'm not being rigorous about medication instructions...)

[Continued]

•  08-04-2006, 12:06 AM 420 in reply to 419

Now, you can start tracking your day to day health using a journal.  For the sake of this conversation, I'll call it "Day to day health".

I will create entries for each of the combinations of day and hour that  you listed.  In fact, it'll look a lot like what you sent us (three entries for three different times on the same day).  For each of the journal entries, I'd also link to appropriate relevant information (e.g. medication, condition, etc).

Here is a sample journal entry:

[Continued]

•  08-04-2006, 12:21 AM 421 in reply to 420

Attachment: journal.PNG

Once you have all your journal entries entered, your journal will look something like:

[Continued]

•  08-04-2006, 12:27 AM 422 in reply to 421

You also asked if there is a way to find out "how often I had a blocked nose, or how many times I had an asthma attack, would your programme be able to give me a summary?"

There are a number of ways you can track this in HealthFrame:

1.  You can create separate journals for each of these occurrences and then you can look at the journal

2. You can create calendar entries (but then it only shows one month at a time)

3. You can create 'test' measurements every time the events occur and then graph using the custom graph.

I would also suggest that you name your peak flow measurements differently for the 'AM' or 'PM' measurement.  Say, PFAM and PFPM.  Now track the tests as you normally should.  Create a custom graph that selects BOTH measurements.  You should see an overlapped graph for both measurements.

[Continued]

•  08-04-2006, 12:43 AM 423 in reply to 422

Finally, the sample personal health record that I created to illustrate my answers are attached to this thread.

If you simply want to experiment with this PHR, here's what you can do:

1. Download an evaluation copy of HealthFrame from our website (you have 15 days to evaluate for free)

2. Unzip the attached file

3. Restore the back up file

You should be all set.

Thanks,
    Support team

•  08-04-2006, 12:51 AM 424 in reply to 423

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have downloaded the evaluation version and shall give it a run.

Regards
    Riwia

View as RSS news feed in XML