One other factor in using the calendar that I noticed. And this is a FEATURE SUGGESTION.
The calendar has only ONE view - month. Because of this and the limited screen space allowed for the calendar,
1) quickly scanning the entries on the calendar for a specific event is impossible, though a tooltip does eventually appear when you hover over a date (that is a slow method for scanning the calendar). You must click on each day to see a list of items on that day below the month in the Date Selected section.
2) Also, under Page Customizations, the Show Summary In Day Box checkbox appears to do nothing when I click on it: it does not change states from unchecked to checked and it does not change anything onscreen.
3) In the month view, a group of four dots appears on days within the month, apparently indicating that there is something happening on that day. Indeed hovering over the date shows all the daily supplements that I have listed as treatments. While interesting, this is not something I would want to see in the calendar because its routine items that I do every day. It's calendar clutter. I would rather use the calendar space to show appointment/visits or bloodwork due, etc. The suggestion is
4) to allow the calendar to be customizable in what it displays and
5) provide other views of the calendar, such as a Day view and/or a Week view which will allow more space to show the events on the day for quick scanning OR
6) allow the calendar to scale with the size of the application window and intelligently adjust the data that is displayed on each day (that is, when it scales, don't make the text larger, but instead, show more of the text that is on that day).
- TIA for your help!