Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Generic Medication names on reports

Last post 04-08-2011, 2:34 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-29-2011, 5:25 PM 1625

Generic Medication names on reports

It would be a nice option to be able to have the Medication Summary print not only the Brand drug name but also then the generic name. I like to enter exactly what I am prescribed and taking but having the generic name available is helpful when traveling, especially outside the country. We lost some medication in Paris and the hotel worked with us to find a doctor to replace it, but I had to spend time on a computer to find the generic name for the US brand names for the local doctor/pharmacy to use.
  •  04-08-2011, 2:34 PM 1627 in reply to 1625

Re: Generic Medication names on reports

Thank you for this suggestion.

Because this report is currently implemented as an OpenHealth service (external plugin report) - it cannot access the HealthFrameWorks reference content database which contains that mapping of brand names to generic names.

We've added a bug report to track this request and will likely create a new (builtin) report which contains this generic drug information as well. Because of our current HealthFrame v3 release process - and because this change doesn't require data changes, it will probably NOT be part of the initial HealthFrame v3 release, but hopefully not too long after.

View as RSS news feed in XML