Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

File extension of Records For Living Medical information

Last post 10-16-2010, 10:17 AM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-12-2010, 3:48 PM 1614

File extension of Records For Living Medical information

I upgraded my operating sustem from XP to Win 7. I've installed my Records For Living program but do not want to reenter all the information I have previously entered. Can you please give me instructions on where to find my data and where I need to drop it in Win 7 so that I can continue updating my files.
    Thank you
    Joyce Severt
  •  10-12-2010, 10:03 PM 1615 in reply to 1614

Re: File extension of Records For Living Medical information

Before upgrading, we recommend making backup files for each of your PHRs, and saving them someplace.

Then on the new computer, you can re-install HealthFrame, and restore from those backups.

From your description, its unclear exactly what you've done. If you simply updated your copy of Windows in-place, then HealthFrame (and any other applications you already had installed) should be on the new computer already, along with your existing data.

Since you are asking, I assume you didn't do that.

Please clarify how you did your upgrade, and whether or not you saved HealthFrame backup files first.
  •  10-15-2010, 9:50 AM 1616 in reply to 1615

I purchased a new computer with Windows 7 already on it. I hsve installed Records for Living on my new computer but obviously, none of my information is there. I do have my data backed up on an external hard drive, but without knowing WHICH file or folder to bring into the new computer, I'm afraid that there wold be replication of other files and folders and I don't want that to happen. That's why I am asking for the EXACT file name/folder where my information is stored so that I can copy it and then paste it into the program on my new computer. I need that information because I travel frequently and I like to carry my information with me on my laptop and without knowing the information I am asking, it makes what should be a simple action, very difficult. Thank you for your assistance.
  •  10-16-2010, 10:17 AM 1617 in reply to 1616

If you still have access to your old computer (not the backups - but the running computer system), the easiest way to transfer your data is to:

(1) Run HealthFrame on the old computer
    (2) REPEAT ONCE FOR EACH PHR
    (2A) Open the PHR
    (2B) Select "Save PHR Backup" from the menu - AND REMEMBER WHERE YOU SAVED
    (3) Take the backups you created in step (2B) - and transfer them to your new computer (via network drive, or USB drive or whatever)
    (4) Run HelathFrame on the NEW computer (with those files available somewhere on the disk). Don't open a PHR - stop at the "Open Personal Health Record" dialog.
    (5) REPEAT ONCE FOR EACH PHR YOU BACKED UP
    (5B) Click "Load Backup" from the OpenPHR dialog

I hope this helps...
View as RSS news feed in XML