Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Averaging Results - Blood Pressure & Other V2.1.6

Last post 07-07-2007, 11:57 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-05-2007, 8:50 PM 784

Averaging Results - Blood Pressure & Other V2.1.6

Here’s something that proved useful for my wife’s hypertension and may be a candidate ‘add on’ for blood pressure(BP) record keeping or even an averaging tool for other numerical tests, e.g. blood.

A little history(without the details) – seeing ‘a few’ doctors at the same time has the disadvantage of crossovers in treatment. Doc 1 prescribed a med for BP and Doc 2 (a different specialty) upped the strength 25%. Which strength is best? Wary of the higher dose under the circumstances, with Doc 1’s concurrence we took twice daily BP readings for two weeks with med 1 and the same with med 2 as a test. Comparing the raw BP readings wasn’t enlightening, but taking the average of the readings over the time period showed med 1(the original dose) was clearly adequate, and better.

Blood pressure results are not static, but change throughout the day, from day to day and vary with stress, nutrition, medications and disease. Seemingly, for those with hypertension, generating an average BP reading over regular time periods(monthly?) would be a more useful tracking tool. A search on the internet didn’t find any analysis on the subject.

How to copy / paste the MHS format? Recording the BP over time was easy in HFE, but being somewhat computer limited, I was unable to copy the MHS BP list into a spreadsheet to average the BPs. “Select” and “Copy” actions in the MHS window are not possible, so I resorted to entering each reading one by one into the spreadsheet. Is there an easier way to do this?

robert
  •  07-07-2007, 11:57 PM 792 in reply to 784

Re: Averaging Results - Blood Pressure & Other V2.1.6

Robert,

Thank you for the suggestion and for the background.  This does indeed seem like a useful technique and we are always looking for ways in which HealthFrame can help patients and providers collaborate in the collection and analysis of personal health data.

Before I get into the details of how you can facilitate exporting blood pressure results to spreadsheets, let me say it could use some usability improvements... :-)

Please go to Home > Reports > Graphs > Blood Pressure Graph.  Click on the Export Data button at the bottom.  Select Text / Data Only radio button on the top and the Export Destination to be a file - pick the file location (name your file extension as .csv to make it easier to open the spreadsheet).   Click on the Comma delimited choice and then click on the Export button.

When HealthFrame is done exporting, just double-click on your .csv file - it should bring your spreadsheet.  Note of course that BEFORE you start this process you can always configure, selecting a narrower range of dates or test types.

We hope this helps and thanks again!
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML