Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Trouble with attachments

Last post 04-17-2006, 6:28 PM by Records For Living Support. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-13-2006, 5:22 PM 219

Trouble with attachments

Representatives,
    Am using evaluation version of HealthFrame.  Having trouble with opening attachments.  I can attach files okay, but when I click to open one the button depresses but the file does not open.  I am attaching Microsoft Excel files. 
    I really need to attach and open Excel since I intend to do graphing of many measurements and it appears that HealthFrame itself will only graph weight, blood pressure, growth, and lipids. 

Am I experiencing a limitation in the evaluation version?  Can you help, please?

Thanks,

-- Les
  •  04-13-2006, 5:34 PM 220 in reply to 219

Re: Trouble with attachments

We are very sorry you are having trouble with attachments, and we would very much like your help in reproducing and understanding this problem so that we can fix it.

First, I need some background information, like what OS you are using, and what version of MS Office (Excel).

Next - are you able to EXTRACT the files? Extract should copy the file from HealthFrame's PHR repository to a disk file (whcih you could then open).

Once you've extracted it - can you double-click on the extracted file - and have it open Excel?

The most common cause for the problem you've described is that your installation of Excel is bad - and its not properly registered how to open files with the Excel file extension.

Can you save a .txt file as an attachment in HealthFrame, and then open that?

Next - and this is probably the best part of my answer - is that HealthFrame 2.0 (available soon) will have custom graphing control builtin, so you can graph those measurements (you referred to) directly within HealthFrame.

Thank you for your feedback, and we welcome the chance to debug and correct the issue you've reported. And please do let us know of any other feedback you have on how we can make HealthFrame better server your health needs.

Support Team.

•  04-14-2006, 1:32 AM 223 in reply to 220

Am running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2.  Excel is version 2002 (10.2614.2625)

.txt file attaches and opens okay

.xls file extraction to a directory and double-click opens okay from extraction destination

It appears that if graphs are maintained in files external to HealthFrame, each time the file is updated a delete and re-attach within HealthFrame will be needed if I want to launch to my current graph from HealthFrame.  Or, can I open and save updated attachments from within HealthFrame? 

Still need help with opening Excel as HealthFrame attachment.

Thanks.

•  04-14-2006, 3:23 PM 226 in reply to 223

With HealthFrame 1.0 attachments become a part of your personal health record (PHR).  In other words, they are copied to your PHR and HealthFrame no longer looks at your computer's hard disk for updated information.

Future versions of HealthFrame will support linking to attachments that are copied into HealthFrame as well as linking to files on your hard disk.  The latter will keep HealthFrame up-to-date with your disk's version.

We have been able to reproduce your problem opening Excel files.  The bug has been fixed for the 2.0 release.  Thank you for reporting this bug!  Please note that opening other file types directly from HealthFrame should work.

Thanks,

Support Team

•  04-17-2006, 5:40 PM 232 in reply to 226

For completeness, please check that Microsoft Word attachments will open as well.  I experienced the same problem with .doc files as I did with .xls files.

Thanks,   -- Les

•  04-17-2006, 6:28 PM 233 in reply to 232

Now I'm very suspicious that this problem has crept up recently (perhaps one of those periodic automatic system patches?). I'm virtually certain we've tested this with MS Word documents and 1.0.3.

Anyhow - I've verified your bug report today with HealthFrame 1.0.3 (I reproduced the bug), and at the same time verified that this works fine with HealthFrame 2.0.

Thank you for your thoroughness.

- Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML