Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Add a Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) field

Last post 05-03-2012, 7:46 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-24-2012, 8:40 PM 1651

Add a Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) field

Attachment: CPT suggestion.pdf
    Please add a field to specify one primary and perhaps 0 or more secondary CPT values for Tests, Visits, Activities, Treatments and any other items that could possibly have a CPT associated with them.

When showing lists of items allow them to be filtered and sorted by the primary CPT value.

See attached file
  •  05-03-2012, 7:46 PM 1668 in reply to 1651

Re: Add a Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) field

HealthFrame v3 internally supports CPT. The problem is licensing.

For testing purposes, we've built 'extracts' and reference data that includes CPT. But we cannot release it due to the licensing restrictions of the AMA.

If you would like to see CPT more widely used (in consumer products) - I recommend that you contact the AMA. Last time I checked - it would cost more in licensing fees to include CPT in HealthFrame than we currently charge for HeatlhFrame.

FROM http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/solutions-managing-your-practice/coding-billing-insurance/cpt/frequently-asked-questions.page? - and
    I am developing a product that will contain CPT codes. Do I need permission from the AMA?

Yes. The AMA holds copyright in CPT and use or reprinting of CPT in any product or publication requires a license. To use CPT codes in a product that will be sold or distributed to others, please obtain a distribution license.

If you can prove you have a CPT license, we maybe able to get you a (testing) copy of the compiled version of CPT used by HealthFrame.
View as RSS news feed in XML