Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

URGENT - Healthframe Error - Existing PHR failed validation

Last post 05-24-2011, 9:50 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-24-2011, 4:56 PM 1630

URGENT - Healthframe Error - Existing PHR failed validation

I am running Windows XP Pro.

This is an urgent need for assistance.  After entering some information, my computer rebooted. When I try to open the PHR I was in when the pc rebooted, I get the following errors:

Healthframe Error

Existing PHR Failed validation: reason='an invalid character was found in text content.'

When I press ok, I get another error message:

Healthframe Error

The PHR does not appear valid. You can create a backup copy of the PHR, and delete it from the repository.

I pressed the cancel button because I'm not exactly sure what would happen if I pressed the other button to b/u and delete.

This is a major PHR and I desperately need help in resolving this issue.  I have an older backup on another drive, but I cannot afford to loose info I have added since I backed up PHR last month!

•  05-24-2011, 9:50 PM 1631 in reply to 1630

Re: URGENT - Healthframe Error - Existing PHR failed validation

We are very sorry to hear about this problem. You say you were 'entering some information' and 'my computer rebooted'. Do you have any idea why it rebooted? If you were using Windows XP Pro, is it possible this is a several year old computer, and you had hardware problems?

HealthFrame is EXTREMELY careful to NEVER EVER write corrupted data. Anytime it writes data to disk, it first runs a schema validation program on it to verify it is correct, and it uses atomic filesystem updates to make sure to never write corrupted data.

The ONLY way I know this could possibly happen is if you had (fairly bad) computer hard-disk errors. But if thats the case - you should see other programs with corrupted data as well.

If there was a software problem with the HealthFrame writes (a bug) - we can manually patch the data, but if its been corrupted by a bad hard-disk, there is likely no way to recover it (which is why its so important to do regular backups).

Please send email to support@RecordsForLiving.com, and we will have someone try an examine your data, and see if it can be recovered.

Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML