Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Chronic illness and episodes

Last post 08-11-2010, 4:53 PM by Rob49. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-11-2010, 3:23 PM 1606

Chronic illness and episodes

I have a number of chronic illlnesses I entere under conditions. It asks for a start & end date. I currently leave the end date blank, as I continue to have that chronic condition. However several of these are conditions where I may have an episode for a period, then it goes away & then may come back. My doctors often want to know how many episodes I have had and the dates. So I would like to suggest that as a part of the conditions, there be a way to enter occurences of episodes for chronic conditions to help us track them. The only other way I know right now is to start/end the condition itself & re-enter it. But that can be misleading on other reports if I am not currently having an episode, then the condition is not being listed. Thank you
  •  08-11-2010, 4:53 PM 1607 in reply to 1606

Re: Chronic illness and episodes

See if this option will work for you:

On the Condition Page, open the related Condition on which you need to note an episode.  Next click on the "+" icon to the right of "Related Information".  This will open the 'Add Information Link' window.  Now in the "Link To" section select "Activity" from the pull-down menu and click on the "Create New" button.  This will open a New Activity dialog.

On the Activity dialog you will need to enter a Type.  Most likely the one shown on the pull-down list will not be appropriate so you can add your own type (e.g. Chest Pain).  You can do this by selecting the ellipsis (...) at the end of the pull-down list.  An area in the dialog will appear for you to enter the Type.  After this enter the dates and comments as required.  When finished click on the OK button.

You can add as many Activities for a Condition as needed.

View as RSS news feed in XML