Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Provider - Active or Inactive v2.1.6

Last post 02-24-2010, 9:54 PM by Records For Living Support. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2007, 8:44 PM 804

Provider - Active or Inactive v2.1.6

FYI. This one had me confused for a while…entered a new doctor’s name, address, Medical Info, etc. with a Start Date three weeks in the future for the first office visit. The End Date was blank, but the doctor’s name showed him to be Inactive on the list of Providers>Individual Healthcare Providers. Changing the Start Date to today’s date put the good doctor in Active status, but will require correction. I did test this and if the future date is left as is, HFE will make the doctor active after that date. FYI.

robert
  •  07-24-2007, 10:45 PM 815 in reply to 804

Re: Provider - Active or Inactive v2.1.6

This was actually done 'by design'... Wink [;)]

You are, of course, correct that this has been a source of confusion for a number of users and therefore it is clearly a defficiency of the logic behind our future-date handling.

Here's an interesting point to consider: imagine you run a report without date restrictions, but you only expect 'active' data to be displayed.  Now, run the same report but this time restrict the date range - including providing a time in the past, but BEFORE the effective date of this future-dated record.  You wouldn't expect to see it, right?  Now change the report again, so that it ENDS today - before the 'start date' of the record: you'd still not expect to see the record.

The point I'm trying to make is that in some circumstances it may actually be 'reasonable' for HealthFrame to treat future-dated records the way we currently do - and other times it isn't so obvious what's going on.

We'll pass the concern to our development team.

Thanks!
    Support Team
  •  02-23-2010, 7:43 PM 1569 in reply to 815

This has bugged me for quite some time because it seems I "lose" my new providers.   This is of course because I have entered a future date as the 'start date'.  I try to enter them as soon as I've setup a future appointment so i don't forget and so I can have the reminder.

My suggestion would be to provide an option on the 'Providers' screen that allows the user to select whether only active providers should be displayed.    If 'yes' then display only the active providers in alpha order with last name first.   If 'no' then display all providers in the same manner.

Thanks,
    Gary
  •  02-24-2010, 9:54 PM 1570 in reply to 1569

Attachment: screenshot.jpg
    GaryS:
    This has bugged me for quite some time because it seems I "lose" my new providers.   This is of course because I have entered a future date as the 'start date'.  I try to enter them as soon as I've setup a future appointment so i don't forget and so I can have the reminder.

HealthFrame's filters are a very powerful feature, which we hope to improve upon. But they can be confusing, in that some information is omitted. We hope to find ways in HealthFrame v3 to make it more clear when data is omitted due to a filter (like checking for active providers).

GaryS:
    My suggestion would be to provide an option on the 'Providers' screen that allows the user to select whether only active providers should be displayed.    If 'yes' then display only the active providers in alpha order with last name first.   If 'no' then display all providers in the same manner.

There appears to be some misunderstanding here, because what you ask for is already present. As pictured in the screenshot, the default 'filter' setting in the providers page is to NOT have 'Active Only' selected. But by selecting that "Active Only" option in the filter menu - only the active providers will be shown.

Is it possibly you've selected the customization 'Active Only' in your copy of HealthFrame? This is not hte default, but it is the behavior you are describing.

Please clarify if there is something else going on.

Thanks,

Support Team.

View as RSS news feed in XML