Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Converting .HPHR files to .pdf files

Last post 11-28-2009, 6:27 PM by fstellab. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-01-2009, 10:01 AM 1518

Converting .HPHR files to .pdf files

Is there any way to convert the .HFBK or .HPHR files to .pdf files?

•  11-02-2009, 8:51 AM 1519 in reply to 1518

Re: Converting .HPHR files to .pdf files

Walter,

.HFBK is the HealthFrame Backup file format - data is encrypted and optionally password-protected (based on your preferences).  .HPHR is Records for Living's XML-based open format, typically used for exporting to external systems and/or integration with OpenHealth Service Plug-ins.

Both of these formats contain the entirety of an individual's health record, including medical and personal information, as well as expenses, attachments, etc.  HealthFrame does not currently contain a single 'report' that would contain all of this information in one shot.  In essence, creating a single PDF would in most cases generate a very large file.  Would you be interested in something like that, given that inclusion of a lifetime's of images could produce multiple hundreds of megabytes of data?

At this point in time, there is no automated way of generating report(s) based on the backup or export files, though it's an interesting suggestion that we will pass on to our development team for consideration.  Given the potential size considerations listed above, it's likely that we would select cetain types of reports (e.g. medical history summary, expense transactions, etc) and consider providing the ability to automate the generation of these PDF files.

In the mean time, please consider opening your file using HealthFrame and installing a PDF print driver to generate the desired reports.

Thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team

•  11-28-2009, 6:27 PM 1528 in reply to 1518

Re: Converting .HPHR files to .pdf files

You can get a tool like "SnagIt" (link below). It will create a printer called "SnagIt". You can then print using that printer, and create  ".pdf" file. I think Other formats will work.

I use this to create a .pdf  for a USB drive I wear on my neck. I was told that some Hospitals and ET's do not like to use programs on the usb drives from patients because of viruses and other security issues. Most computers have a there own copy of Abobe Acrobat so they can read the CCR record without running an external program on the USB drive.

SnagIt Tool:
    http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp?gclid=CKn4xt7qrp4CFRCdnAodNXLrlA
View as RSS news feed in XML