Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Doctor belongs to practice but visit was at hospital

Last post 05-22-2009, 6:50 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-29-2009, 5:40 PM 1327

Doctor belongs to practice but visit was at hospital

I created a new Individual provider record for one of my docs. He is a member of a private practice, so I entered that information as an Organization provider and associated the doctor with the practice. When I see this particular doctor, it is sometimes at a hospital. I created an Organization provider record for this hospital. It make no sense to re-enter the doctor and associate him with the hospital - this would violate every rule of database design.

What is the proper way to record a visit to this doctor at the hospital?
  •  05-22-2009, 6:50 PM 1333 in reply to 1327

Re: Doctor belongs to practice but visit was at hospital

You are correct that this is a limitation of the current version's user interface - the data model actually supports the type of many-to-many relationship you describe. 

A work-around for this version is for Individual Providers who are affiliated with multiple Organization Providers to not track their affiliations at this point, but rather to use the support for multiple "Locations" to track the affiliation.  You can also use the notes to track the roles they perform at the different Organizations they are associated with.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention - we will attempt to improve on the user interface for future releases.

Support Team
View as RSS news feed in XML