Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Transferring HealthFrame to my new MacBook Pro

Last post 02-16-2009, 7:11 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-16-2009, 7:01 PM 1304

Transferring HealthFrame to my new MacBook Pro

I recently purchased a new computer and would like transfer this program to it.  It's a Macbook Pro, however, and I'm not sure if it can work.  If not, how can I transfer the records?

Sheryl
  •  02-16-2009, 7:11 PM 1305 in reply to 1304

Re: Transferring HealthFrame to my new MacBook Pro

Dear Sheryl,

In order to run HealthFrame on your MacBook Pro, you'll need to install a Windows emulation program.

Once you have the emulation environment installed, please follow these instructions to transfer your data to your new computer.

If you decide not to purchase a Windows emulation program, we would suggest you copy your backup files over to your new computer, but in addition also take the following steps:
    • Export your health records to the ASTM CCR industry standard and copy the CCR files to your new Mac.  This will make it easier for you to switch to a new program in the future, if you'd like.
    • Print to PDF your medical history summary and any other useful reports and save those records in your new computer.
    These last two options will preserve the medical record information contained in HealthFrame, but you will unfortunately no longer be able to view the reports dynamically or graph your health results, etc.  We suggest you consider installing a Windows emulation program so that you can continue to get the benefits of the HealthFrame application.

Thank you for using HealthFrame,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML