Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Health Frame Viewer - Future Enhancements

Last post 01-25-2009, 7:15 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-07-2009, 10:11 PM 1274

Health Frame Viewer - Future Enhancements

I have been using 'Health Frame Explorer' software for quite some time now.  It is by far one of the most comprehensive and integrated PHR software out there.... well unless you are willing to spend 3 to 4 times the money.  The features of this software and the ability to consolidate into unique and specific reports is fantastic!!!

I work in the IT health care field.....  The one enhancement that I really feel is lacking but critical is the following:

The 'Emergency Card' that can be produced under the 'Reports' section.  The only critical info that is missing is SURGERIES.  The Emergency Card prints on a standard 8.5 x 11 piece of paper in the center of the paper that is 2-sided that can easily be cut out and folded and placed in a wallet or purse. 
    I keep my Emergency Card in my wallet at all times.  I actually ended up in the ER the other night at our local hospital.  I handed them my card.  They were very impressed but then asked what surgeries have I had.  The specifics that the ER Nurse asked were: 1) Allergies, 2) Medical Conditions, 3) Medications, 4) Surgeries.    It made me think.... how easy would it be if the printout would print in 3 sections across the paper that would include past surgeries.  The paper could still be folded into one piece from thirds.  The surgeries wouldn't necessarily have to be pulled from another area of data but could manually be entered and that data would be entered onto the Emergency Card.  Just thought I would throw my two cents in.  Be great to hear other peoples thoughts.  Keep up the great work!!

•  01-25-2009, 7:15 PM 1285 in reply to 1274

Re: Health Frame Viewer - Future Enhancements

Hi, Chase!

Thank you for your kind comments about HealthFrame and its capabilities.  We do our best to provide the best value personal health record (PHR) in the market today and we are happy to count on feedback from customers like you to continue to make it an even better product.  Thank you for your input!

Our original design for the emergency card was to make it approximately the same size as a credit card: HealthFrame users can print the emergency card report, cut around the edge and fold in the middle and keep it in their wallet - like you did!  I actually carry a laminated copy of my emergency card in my own wallet...

Our development team is aware of your suggestion and future releases might include a more elaborate version of the emergency card, or maybe even an OHS plug-in.  In the meantime, I wanted to make sure you were aware of a feature that will make it possible for you to enter (manually) any additional information you want to show up in the current emergency card.  You can customize your ER card: click on the ellipsis button on the top right and add "More Information...".  This of course, is not as in-depth as your suggestion, and certainly not automated, but in the meantime, it may support some surgery information.

Thank you for using HealthFrame and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML