Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Activities Wizard

Last post 10-06-2008, 8:12 PM by Records For Living Support. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-25-2008, 7:13 PM 1203

Activities Wizard

What is "wizard" about the Activities Wizard?  All mine does is let me check off my activities.  Then what?

I thought maybe it would shorten the pull-down list to only those items I checked off.

•  09-25-2008, 10:40 PM 1207 in reply to 1203

Re: Activities Wizard

Attachment: activities.PNG
    Hi, coolswede!

The wizard helps you create multiple activity records at once, without having to do multiple "Add New" clicks.  If you just want to add activities, the wizard helps you do it quickly.

Once the activities are created, you can then choose to add information to the specific activities.  The image below illustrates creating a couple of activities at once.  I then chose to expand on the smoking activity, adding the relation to an asthma condition and my on-going smoke cessation treatment.

Good to hear from you, again!  Smile [:)]
    Support Team

•  09-29-2008, 3:35 PM 1209 in reply to 1207

Thanks for your answer.  I seem to still be missing something.

I have only one activity selected....walking.  How does selecting it in the Wizard make it easier to enter new data?  Is there something missing in my program?  I still have to select "Walking" from the entire list.  Using the Wizard didn't seem to change anything for me.

•  10-04-2008, 12:24 PM 1213 in reply to 1207

Selecting activities in the Wizard does NOT create activity instances as per your screen clip.

•  10-04-2008, 7:09 PM 1214 in reply to 1213

OK, I see that the Wizard does put an entry on the activity list. But if I open it and make an entry, there is no longer an option for another of the same activity.

I thought the idea was to enter every time an activity is performed and some information about it on the day it was done.  Am I wrong about this?

•  10-06-2008, 1:47 PM 1215 in reply to 1214

Hello, is there anyone there?

I seemed to be talking to myself.  Three of the four replies have been mine.  I apologize if my question is too lame for anyone's comment.

•  10-06-2008, 8:12 PM 1216 in reply to 1215

Hi, coolswede!

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. 

The activities wizard helps folks create multiple activity entries at once.  It's not particularly useful if you want to add a single activity.  In that case, it's just as convenient to use the "Add New" button in the Home > Health > Activities page.

For most folks, the wizard allows them to enter the high-level information about certain lifestyle choices that may impact their health, such as smoking, drinking, exercising, etc.  If you want to enter detailed information, you still need to go to the detail form and enter it there (as shown in our original reply).

One thing to note is that the wizard only allows you to create a single 'active' record for any given type of activity.  Try for instance to create an activity for 'smoking', and say that it ended at some point in the past.  If you go to the activities wizard, you will note that you are now able to enter a second activity record.  The idea being that folks will participate in some activities, but then stop at certain points in their lives.

Your interpretation of how activities could be used - "to enter every time an activity is performed and some information about it on the day it was done" - is a reasonable way of thinking about this. The model we chose, however, was to make it easy to support the same high-level information a doctor might be interested in - at least in an initial consultation. 

The way you can easily track the types of daily activities you talk about is with a journal.  You can then create journal entries for each of the days that you choose to document information relating to that activity.  The image below illustrates doing this for a smoke cessation scenario, where the user has set up a 'smoking' activity and then creates a journal to track daily progress quitting.

Note that if you really wish to track daily activities by creating separate daily activity records, you still can - simply set the start and end dates for the activities.  We would suggest though that you consider the approach that uses a journal, since we have some built-in facilities for printing journal summaries, etc.

Please let us know if you need additional clarifications on the use of activities or if you have suggestions on improvements.

Thanks,
    Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML