Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Favorites Not Backed Up?

Last post 05-19-2008, 8:27 PM by BrianEE93. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-18-2008, 11:59 PM 1094

Favorites Not Backed Up?

It doesn't look like they do. I was running the demo version on my laptop and set up a few favorites. I made a backup file. I purchased the software from my desktop and installed it. I sent the backup file from my laptop to the desktop and restored it. As far as I could see everything seemed to restore except the favorites.

Is there anything else that won't be backed up?

•  05-19-2008, 7:36 PM 1095 in reply to 1094

Re: Favorites Not Backed Up?

Brian,

I double-checked with our development team and you are absolutely right.  The favorites do not currently get stored as part of the backups.

This is left over from an earlier design, which made a distinction between user interface customizations vs. 'actual' data.

We will look into changing this behavior for upcoming major releases.

I have also double-checked that this is the only information that is not backed up.  (Of course license codes aren't 'backed up', since that would pose a licensing issue...  Smile [:)] )

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
    Support Team
  •  05-19-2008, 8:27 PM 1098 in reply to 1095

Re: Favorites Not Backed Up?

support@RecordsForLiving.com:
    Brian,

I double-checked with our development team and you are absolutely right.  The favorites do not currently get stored as part of the backups.

This is left over from an earlier design, which made a distinction between user interface customizations vs. 'actual' data.

We will look into changing this behavior for upcoming major releases.

I have also double-checked that this is the only information that is not backed up.  (Of course license codes aren't 'backed up', since that would pose a licensing issue...  Smile [:)] )

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
    Support Team

Thank you!

View as RSS news feed in XML