Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Calendar & Tests

Last post 05-18-2008, 7:32 PM by BrianEE93. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-17-2008, 11:12 PM 1087

Calendar & Tests

I started putting in my appointments through the calendar and the visits show up fine on the calendar. If I go through the calendar and add a test event, it doesn't show up in the calendar. Am I doing something wrong?
  •  05-18-2008, 7:10 PM 1091 in reply to 1087

Re: Calendar & Tests

Brian,

When the customizations feature was first introduced, it was not introduced in all of our application pages.  In particular, you'll note that the calendar page does not have the ellipsis (...) that invokes the customization menu.

The reason this is relevant is that when we originally designed the calendar, we had to make some decisions about how much information to display at once.  We wanted the calendar to be useful and we were afraid that cluttering it with too much information would diminish its use.

In the case of tests, we applied the default rule that the calendar would only display tests that (1) were not scheduled as part of a visit; and (2) were ordered by a physician or administered by a healthcare professional.

Is this what you are seeing?

This algorithm leaves out of the calender display all 'self-administered' tests, for instance.  It is not uncommon for diabetic patients to take multiple measurements of their blood glucose levels throughout the day.  We thought that displaying self-administered tests might make reading information in the calendar pretty much impossible...

For future releases, we will consider allowing users to configure the display of tests, overriding the default application behavior.

Thanks,
    Support Team
  •  05-18-2008, 7:32 PM 1092 in reply to 1091

Re: Calendar & Tests

I didn't enter a ordered by name. Now it shows on the Calendar.

Thanks.

View as RSS news feed in XML